SAU Community

Imported/already here???

grandmasterb

My car was imported in 2000 and had the conversion done in 2001 in QLD. its a very dodgy job and i am surprised it ever received an engineer's certificate.

by the time i have finished nearly everything is gonna be replaced in it!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep getting offers on the GT-R, if it wasn't a V-Spec II I'd be temped.

Nice car but overated. (just my opinion not ragging on you or ya car) there going for around $15-16k at the mo and thats a bit more than i was looking at paying

Well let me know what you got and $$$'s as i will look at anything :D

Did you get my information regarding the GTS4? I've sent you a personal message and an email, but obviously don't want to pester you. Might be able to arrange a viewing on the weekend if you are keen.

hmm V-Spec II and to a std of t01-100's car for $15-16K... i doubt it

Ok so i should of said GTR (not v spec 2) last R32 GTR i looked at was $14850 and that was on the road, its not what you know bt who you know boys, and if you ask Timmyb he'll tell you that i know alot of peeps :headspin:

Did you get my information regarding the GTS4?  I've sent you a personal message and an email, but obviously don't want to pester you.  Might be able to arrange a viewing on the weekend if you are keen.

Looks nice and clean and for a good dollar but i really want to avoid an auto if i can. But would still like a look over the car. Who knows maybe after you take me for a drive i might even change my mind about autos. It looks like i will be up north this weekend but maybe another time???

Looks nice and clean and for a good dollar but i really want to avoid an auto if i can.  But would still like a look over the car.  Who knows maybe after you take me for a drive i might even change my mind about autos.  It looks like i will be up north this weekend but maybe another time???

No worries, I was only going to make an excuse to come down in part to show the car to interested people. The car will be available for viewing this weekend in Launceston if you are in the neighbourhood. If you want a look let me know and we can arrange something. I can factor it being automatic into pricing if you become interested.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day,

I have an HR30 sedan. I bought it when I was living in NSW already registered. I hasn't been ADR comlplied because it was brought in under the 15 year old rule. Mods that were made for rego were things like tyres, passenger mirror glass, seat belts, the usual.

machg

Ok so i should of said GTR (not v spec 2)  last R32 GTR i looked at was $14850 and that was on the road, its not what you know bt who you know boys, and if you ask Timmyb he'll tell you that i know alot of peeps :headspin:

From what I’ve seen and considering I’ve spent double figures on my GT-R that was already in pretty good condition, and that’s without the spare rims and tyres. Unless you budget on spending a good $6k on a $15K GT-R to bring it up to the condition it should be in you’re giving yourself a false sense of value over a $23k-$25k GT-R from say Just Jap or UAS. I say this because although it might be a bargain purchase price, you my need to factor in the extra cost of replacing aging turbos, gearbox with dead syncros from 3rd and 4th, buggered intercooler hoses and general servicing etc. All of which need to be in decent condition for a supplier sell the car without risk of it returning in a hurry or getting a bad reputation.

After racing an R32 GTSt on the track last season, for under $15k my choice for the road would always be a GTSt every time. $1k replacement engines, $600 replacement gearboxs, simple and basic 2.0 turbo 2WD with a great chassis and good standard brakes.

From what I’ve seen and considering I’ve spent double figures on my GT-R that was already in pretty good condition, and that’s without the spare rims and tyres. Unless you budget on spending a good $6k on a $15K GT-R to bring it up to the condition it should be in you’re giving yourself a false sense of value over a $23k-$25k GT-R from say Just Jap or UAS. I say this because although it might be a bargain purchase price, you my need to factor in the extra cost of replacing aging turbos, gearbox with dead syncros from 3rd and 4th, buggered intercooler hoses and general servicing etc. All of which need to be in decent condition for a supplier sell the car without risk of it returning in a hurry or getting a bad reputation.

After racing an R32 GTSt on the track last season, for under $15k my choice for the road would always be a GTSt every time. $1k replacement engines, $600 replacement gearboxs, simple and basic 2.0 turbo 2WD with a great chassis and good standard brakes.

We will talk later, need to pick your brain and hopefully you can answer my questions champ???

any publicity is good publicity! :)

I agree, hope you have a nibble soon as its a ver nice/clean car and at a good dollar. I think the only thing killing you is that its an auto and the price, but just my 2cents mate :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys how you all going?

I'm in the process of getting my car finalised and sent down to me! So I'll be one of the few Skyline owners here in Tassie!

I got it imported through a friend here in hobart. It's a Japan import sent down to Sydney for paint job, mag wheels, race seats, body kit and so on. Should get it within the next week or two...