SAU Community

Introduction: Missing Stock Boost Controller on RB26

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys,

I'm new to the world of turbos, but I'm not one to do anything half-assed. So my first engine swap is the RB26DETT into my S13. I hope you guys can accept a Skyline wannabe like me, as this is the only place I wanna be. Yes I know the supposed impossibilies and money factors, however I'm working with my friends who have done some real firsts out there, and we're doing all the work ourselves.

Money, that's what a lot of this comes down too. I've got over US$6000 dropped into this little prodject. All well spent dollars mind you, a lot of hybrid swapping and some used parts. Every dollar saved here and there, adds up to one more performance part or overlooked swap item I need.

Thanks for reading, I hope to tell you guys more about how I'm doing over here. This is a pretty rare swap, I will probably be the only one for 100s of miles with any RB in their Silvia, let alone the 26

QUESTION:

Okay, here's the very, very simple question I have to ask:

I am missing the tubing from the actuator on the turbos and obviously whatever controller that was operating them from the firewall.

? How do the actuators work, and what would happen if I didn't hook anything up to them. Can a bleeder valve (spring and ball type) work in this situation.

I am obviously going to be getting an EBC in the future; however, if it's something I can do without for a while then that's a few 100 bucks saved in case something breaks during the swap.

THANKS