SAU Community

Nismo 300k/hr Speedo R33 Query??

Hi - I have just fitted a Nismo 300klm/hr speedo to my R33 GTS-T Auto. I was told it fitted straight in but when I drove to test it it is underreading by half?? IE at 60 Klm/Hr, it indicates 30Klm/Hr. Does anyone know whether this speedo needs a special sender at the gearbox for it . Has anyone fitted one of these Nismo speedos before????? COL...

the speedo is calibrated for output from the speedo sender that comes with a manual gearbox not an auto like yours. so nothing special, but i dont think you can make it work unless the manual sender fits in the place of the auto sender that u have (doubt it but dont know for sure)

the speedo is calibrated for output from the speedo sender that comes with a manual gearbox not an auto like yours. so nothing special, but i dont think you can make it work unless the manual sender fits in the place of the auto sender that u have (doubt it but dont know for sure)

Thanks for that -I have contacted an instrument man who reckons he can recalibrate it to read correctly, as long as he is told that it undereads by 50% he can fix it - now all I have to do is pull the bloody thing out of the dash again & send it to him!!!!!!! Regards ....