SAU Community

Stagea o2 Sensor info

ICE12

Hi all just been trying to dig up some info as I want to replace my o2 sensor as fuel economy is not great. This is for Stagea S1 but should be same for s2???

Genuine Nissan (Darwin) Part # 2269083T13 = $257.75

EL Ford which ppl are saying will fit with a mod to the wires

Repco (Darwin) Part # 0ZA23-D2 Stock #0192 = $122.00

Just some info they maybe of some use down the track for others.

If other can get a better price from other nissan dealers or other parts shops please let me know with contact details.

Cheers ICE

I have no idea but when searching the other post about this subject they don't mention the temp differences if any but ppl are saying that they are working (refering to the EL ford sensor) but if I can get the Genuine for around $150 I will get it just for piece of mind.

Cheers ICE

On the weekend just gone, I replaced my O2 sensor. I used an ACA branded one listed for the EL ford, purchased from Repco. I'll get the part number tonight if I still have the packaging. It cost me $89.90, and I had to cut off the ford plug and attach the nissan plug from the old sensor. I used bullet connectors to attach the wires, as solder won't work with stainless steel wire. I reset the ECU (using the battery disconnect method) and let the car run for about 30 minutes on first start. About 3-4 minutes after I first started the car, there was some strange light-coloured smoke, but no spatter from the exhaust. Perhaps the smoke was the result of the penetrating oil I used to get the old sensor out. Regardless, the smoke disappeared after about 10 minutes and has not returned.

The only other problem I encountered was when I removed the bracket the sensor plug is attached to. The head snapped off the bolt attaching it to the turbo heat shield. I KNEW I should have waited a couple more minutes after putting the penetrating oil on. :)

It was interesting to note, that an identical ACA sensor, listed as "universal", cost $115. The only difference between the universal and the ford compatible sensor was the plug - the universal didn't have one.

I'm still on my first full tank of fuel since the replacement, so I cannot give you definitive figures, but so far it seems that my fuel consumption has gone from 17-18L/100km to around 13L/100km. The most noticeable difference with the new sensor is the idle control, especially on a cold start. Instead of hunting, the idle now goes straight to about 1100rpm when cold or 700 rpm when warm. I previously had idle hunt issues when in traffic; now it's smooth all the time. Lovely. I haven't really noticed any change in throttle response or performance. Maybe I will see a small difference on the GTech meter next time I do a run.

It certainly seems worthwhile. If the current indications continue, the fuel cost savings will pay for the new sensor in about 3 weeks. Of course, there were other costs, such as bullet plugs and penetrating oil, but these aren't really exclusive costs related solely to this work. I.e. I have extra that I can use in the future. :)

Tools used in the process:

22mm open ended spanner

Phillips head screwdriver

Wire cutter/stripper/crimper

Head mounted torch

Penetrating oil (non-kerosene base)

The most noticeable difference with the new sensor is the idle control, especially on a cold start. Instead of hunting, the idle now goes straight to about 1100rpm when cold or 700 rpm when warm. I previously had idle hunt issues when in traffic; now it's smooth all the time. Lovely. I haven't really noticed any change in throttle response or performance. Maybe I will see a small difference on the GTech meter next time I do a run.

This is the EXACT same result I experienced when I changed my sensor. All you slack buggers that haven't checked their economy figures are (literally) burning too much cash.

:Pimp2:

Well i jumped on the bandwagon and changed mine today. very simple job to remove and replace the O2 sensor, so anyone who hasn't done it, it's very simple. cost me $109 for the EL falcon ACA 3 wire sensor. came with bullet plugs, not the EL falcon plug, so i guess they only stock the generic one. will post results if i get them

i bought a genuine nissan o2 sensor from nissan today.

170$ delivered to nissan. 2 week wait.

I would rather go genuine and be certain then not know the correct working temperature range of the EL one and screw up a perfectly good plug.

Ill keep you posted. :rofl:

got this one from Repco (Darwin) EL type and to my amazement it has the same colour wires as my Stagea (2white and one black) so no issue with wiring and go it dirt cheap so if it does do the job no real loss.

Installing it in the morning.

0ZA23-D2 (NTK lambada sensor) EL ford (Wires 2 white and 1 black same as Stagea, mine anyway)

Cheers ICE

Bought today from Repco a ACA ROX207 oxygen sensor to suit Ford EL.

Has 3 wires connecting to a plug; 1 blue wire (by itself in the plug connection), and 2 black wires side by side next to the blue wire.

Will fit it up once I receive my dump pipe, probably in 2 weeks time when I have the safc2 installed and dynoed.

Let you all know how it turns out.

As it is the fuel economy isnt that great at the moment.......

Brendan

got this one from Repco (Darwin) EL type and to my amazement it has the same colour wires as my Stagea (2white and one black) so no issue with wiring and go it dirt cheap so if it does do the job no real loss.

Installing it in the morning.

0ZA23-D2 (NTK lambada sensor) EL ford (Wires 2 white and 1 black same as Stagea, mine anyway)

Cheers ICE

I went to repco and got the same one this morning - they have a 20% sale on at the moment, so it was $86.40.

It is identical (ie same color wires and everything) to the current one being used...

sure, spend an extra hundred dollars to get one from nissan if you want to...

Ian

Well from my experience i haven't seen an improvement in fuel economy at all yet, so i think my problem lies elsewhere. hope others get better results than me

The other thing to do is to reset the ecu and see if that helps.

It has now been a couple of weeks since I replaced the O2 sensor, and the results are in.

1. Idle is now smooth and consistent. Cold-start, warm start, traffic... all nice.

2. Fuel economy is marginally better, if at all. I'm still churning through fuel, regardless of how I drive. AC makes a small difference.

As described above, I reset the ECU at the time of the sensor replacement. Where do I go now? The only thing I can think of to improve economy is the DFA from Jaycar. Either that or buy a scooter to get to and from work. :)

Where else can I turn?

Sk0pe

It has now been a couple of weeks since I replaced the O2 sensor, and the results are in.

1. Idle is now smooth and consistent. Cold-start, warm start, traffic... all nice.

2. Fuel economy is marginally better, if at all. I'm still churning through fuel, regardless of how I drive. AC makes a small difference.

As described above, I reset the ECU at the time of the sensor replacement. Where do I go now? The only thing I can think of to improve economy is the DFA from Jaycar. Either that or buy a scooter to get to and from work. :D

Where else can I turn?

Sk0pe

DFA made 2 litres per 100k's difference. Paid for itself several times over.

:O cheers :)

Spark plugs could be screwed from running rich before o2 sensor replacement...

Hmmm, spark plugs. Well, I've had the car for about 4000kms now, so I'm about to do an oil change (one was done just before I picked it up) so I guess sparkies isn't too hard. They're under that black strip right? They've gotta be easier to replace there than on my damn subie. Friggin' horizontally opposed engines mean you gotta be a bloody contortionist to swap the plugs.

I'm planning on using coppers, as SK repeatedly endorses them over the more expensive platinum or iridium... Is there any need to reset the ECU again, or should it work it out from the O2 sensor output?

The DFA is on the cards in the near future too.