SAU Community

Compliance.

DRFT_ceffy

hey all,

As you know im in the market for a ceffy and im just getting some prices before i actually buy the car. I was wondering how much it was to get your cefiro complianced and if you did the job at home or got a compliance workshop to do it?

what was required to get it complied?

what had to be taken out?

how much it cost you all up to get the car on the road?

and if you would be able to give me a run down on what everything cost. if you were able to keep trck of it.

i have done a search but it all seems to be for the 2-door cars. Or other 4doors not cefiros in particular.

i have found a car in Japan that im dead set on getting once i sell my bloody 180 grrrr. so frustrating.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers Benny.

Shipping $2,302.89

Quarantine & Storage $364.14

Compliance $1,200.00 (took only 2 or 3 working days)

Rego, Stamp Duty, Booking fee, and Personalised Plate transfer charge $760.00

so roughly $4625ish to get on road not including FOB costs or broker charges.

woah twelve hundy in my opinion thats a way expensive compliance for a 15 yo car if ya a bit handy wit some shiz ya can do it all yaself in less time

child restraints $30 fit em yaself

intrusion bars i had made cost to previous made ones specs me $100 mig weld em in yaself (p.s i can do them at this price again to :(

nissan seatbelts normally meet RTA req elrvw's

high mount rear tail light $8.95

Engineers report for intrusion bars $160

fuel filler neck was $18 but i found this pretty hard and annoying to do myself $40 fitted at best enterprises

then just all the basic stuff make sure ya rails and bushes, boots are sweet and its not to loud no blow offs not to low which mine was with standard struts only by five mil so he let me go with it tyres are good and just all the standard rta stuff inspection in S.A is $70 with cop shop inspection at $13 then just rego and stamp duty and ya done easy done and its good to learn it yaself cause then ya can make some cash off the side off mates who want to buy an import :);) good luck with it mate hope it all works out for ya

p.s if need be i have all the standard shiz ya can borrow if your in sa with a deposit :)

skypy12 who did your compliance and did they do a good job?

PM Sent Bryanfc

Yeah doing it yaself is cheaper and great if ya got the time urself. Im pretty sure thou that an engineering cert is a fair bit more then 160 down here in Vic.

Edited by skypy12