SAU Community

Best Place To Buy Cp Pistons For Rb26

williamsf1

I used a set of CP pistons in a 2JZ last week and the rings were exactly the same as what Wiseco supply with theirs, right down to the markings for the top side of the rings. My customer had them sent from someone in the US, not sure who though.

I wouldn't use any ring set that doesnt have a steel top ring, a cast ring breaks too easily with a little detonation. The thinner the rings the better, we usually use Wiseco's with a 1mm, 1.2mm, 2.8mm set and have never had a drama with them. Personally I think they are every bit as good as a CP in design and material plus they come with a skirt coating now for around $1200ish including rings.

I used a set of CP pistons in a 2JZ last week and the rings were exactly the same as what Wiseco supply with theirs, right down to the markings for the top side of the rings. My customer had them sent from someone in the US, not sure who though.

I wouldn't use any ring set that doesnt have a steel top ring, a cast ring breaks too easily with a little detonation. The thinner the rings the better, we usually use Wiseco's with a 1mm, 1.2mm, 2.8mm set and have never had a drama with them. Personally I think they are every bit as good as a CP in design and material plus they come with a skirt coating now for around $1200ish including rings.

If you get CP pistons form the states, the come with Jap made rings.

The ones that come from Quantum down here usually have hastings rings.

ok but in the link I have used, and talked to these guys and they are stating that the rings are CP and that they are tool steel....

proengines, what did you think of the pistons your customer came to you with? Im interested as I have read a lot of your reports and they are spot on in my book...

cheers,

• 3 weeks later...