SAU Community

Rb25det In A Cefiro (a31)

who's next

Good day, i am new to this forum but not to the nissan family. i have a nissan cefiro stock with a rb20 engine (sohc) and i want to put in a rb25det. i would like to know if any of u guys have done this swap and could u share ur experience. i would be doing most of the work myself (with the exception of the wiring). any help that u can provide would be good

e.g is it a straight bolt in or what mounts should i use, is the wiring easy etc.

Hi

Am in the process of preparing to do this myself, almost ready to go!

Assuming you will go for rb25det engine and gearbox, there are lots of little things you need to do, there are a lot of threads in the performance sections, the basics

- Can buy front cut approx $4000+ or just engine and gearbox approx $3000

- If you just get engine and gearbox then will need computer, loom and aif flow meter. Approx $300

Other things you will need,

- From advice I have replaced the timing belt, water pump, seals and exhaust manifold studs, costly but should be good for the next 100,000km!

- will your radiator cope? I am going to use an R32 GTR one (I only have RB20DE auto)

- rb25 gearbox has a digital speedo drive, so you will need to convert it to mechanical drive, can use R32 GTR drive (Specific thread on this)

- Gearbox mount will need to be modified,

- Will need an R33 yoke for the gearbox and will need to get it fitted to your tail shaft, which may need to be shortened/lengthened

- Electrical, some different ways here, I am planning to use the rb25 loom and modify it to connect to the ceffy body loom, will be getting some help here!

- Remember you will need to get it engineered.

Think thats most of it.

Hope this helps

Regards

I just finished intall the rb25det s2 engine into my A31. Everything fine except the aircond system. Dashboard, AC blower, & Cooling coil from existing R32 due to R33 dashboard can't install to A31 so all the socket from R33 will transfer to R32 equipments to suite the R33 loom.

Hi R33A31.....

Yes I do an engine swap from R33gts25T S1. As far as I remember what my foreman did was to remove everything from the engine bay. Then raise the chassis up while waiting on the floor is the new RB25DET. Lower the body and screwed all of the mountings. It fits in exactly.

The auto box (mine) should't be a problem. The rear axle just plug and play from the r33 parts. The long shaft need some engineering work cause it must be shorten.

The dash can be fitted with just little trimming at the centre front. mount just need some modification. So everything u may use back.

About the left and right that have the hole what u can do is ask any leather shop to close it. But till now I haven't done it yet. No time my friend.

Hope that gives u some clues.