SAU Community

Octane Booster

GTR RETIREE

Toluene?? I work for an american company called Valspar (House of Kolor !!) and we have HEAPS of Toluene at work ! as in a tank with 20,000 - 30,000 litres of it !! Excellent.

After checking with the chemist dude from work, the Toluene from my work is 'pure' as it's used as an ingredience in the production of paint. Octane Boosters from some companies might be mixed with other chemical additives therefore explaining the brown (or whatever color) deposits some ppl finds on their plug tips etc. Should start sellin' the shit.....tsk tsk tsk...

Also AFAIK there is only 95 octane at one place in Hobart and that won't get you around the whole state.

Its not that bad.

I went down to watch Targa Tasmania 2004, following the course, and pretty much any decent sized town I stopped in to fill up at had Ultimate if they had a BP.

Even if ya car was dynoed with 98, running 95 isn't really that bad, u can notice it but it should be okay if u dont boost it right out every gear. I dont think using 95 would be anywhere as bad as pumping 91 (normal unleaded) into ya RB. Now I have a question with the mixing ratio as stated by BP's website (Sydneykid), It states not to go over 30%, now is that by weight or volume? anybody? As we all know, if it was water then 1 kg = 1 litre but for other chemicals / liquids that ratio is different. Also, does anyone have an idea of what the capacity of the fuel tank in a '97 R33 GTST is?

Ive used the 102 stuff which is about 20 bucks a blttle and itl seemed to boost up a lot better and not detonate like it did on regular premium fuel. But my dad is a mechanic and he noticed the clapped out spark plugs and shit on my soil packs too

Its not that bad.

I went down to watch Targa Tasmania 2004, following the course, and pretty much any decent sized town I stopped in to fill up at had Ultimate if they had a BP.

I work for Bp in tassi and at this point in time no Bp here has ultimate. depending on when you are down here we might have it. we should have it by mid feb. i cant talk for others down here but i have been useing pulp and Octane Booster for the last 10000k's and have had no problems with plugs.