SAU Community

I Need An R30 Diff, Shafts And Swing Arms

sr20det510

In Perth but would prefer the import model gear..

thanks anyway.

Anyone else

ARE you looking for ANY import rear end???????

There are 2 sorts you know.

Most HR30 rears are same as local MR30, using R180 diffs and 258 x 10mm disc rotors.

But HR30 Paul Newman & DR30 rears use an R200 LSD diff. PNV's use the 258 x 10mm disc rotors and DR30's use 290 x 10mm disc rotors. If you choose to go with the DR rear, an upgrade in master cylinder to at least 15/16, but preferably 1" will be a necessity and with 1" depending on which model you have may include a new proportioning valve and brake lines.

ANY of the R200 LSD rear ends will cost you a minimum of $1500.00 complete, as they get better than $1200.00 just for an LSD diff, plus rocking horse sh!t, will be getting easier to find shortly, compared to an R200 LSD in any form to suit.

There is a guy on ebay at Gosford NSW selling an R200 from a 260Z for about $45.00 presently, but it's pick up only. You would also have to source half shafts to suit, but it would mount straight to the R30 cross member.

Guess you have some thinking to do eh! as it's not just a simple changeover, although everything just bolts on.

Cheers,

Dennis

Thanks for the info Dennis.

I actually already have an R200 LSD diff installed in a Datsun 1600, im really chasing the swing arms and shafts so that i can Do a CV onversion!!

would you know if the HR30 the MR30 and the DR30 share identiacal swing arms and shafts or is it only the DR30 that has the R200 with CV shafts???

Regards

All the components will

ARE you looking for ANY import rear end???????

There are 2 sorts you know.

Most HR30 rears are same as local MR30, using R180 diffs and 258 x 10mm disc rotors.

But HR30 Paul Newman & DR30 rears use an R200 LSD diff. PNV's use the 258 x 10mm disc rotors and DR30's use 290 x 10mm disc rotors. If you choose to go with the DR rear, an upgrade in master cylinder to at least 15/16, but preferably 1" will be a necessity and with 1" depending on which model you have may include a new proportioning valve and brake lines.

ANY of the R200 LSD rear ends will cost you a minimum of $1500.00 complete, as they get better than $1200.00 just for an LSD diff, plus rocking horse sh!t, will be getting easier to find shortly, compared to an R200 LSD in any form to suit.

There is a guy on ebay at Gosford NSW selling an R200 from a 260Z for about $45.00 presently, but it's pick up only. You would also have to source half shafts to suit, but it would mount straight to the R30 cross member.

Guess you have some thinking to do eh! as it's not just a simple changeover, although everything just bolts on.

Cheers,

Dennis

Thanks for the info Dennis.

I actually already have an R200 LSD diff installed in a Datsun 1600, im really chasing the swing arms and shafts so that i can Do a CV onversion!!

would you know if the HR30 the MR30 and the DR30 share identiacal swing arms and shafts or is it only the DR30 that has the R200 with CV shafts???

Regards

All the components will

All R30 Trailing Arms are identical, but your going to have to source HR PNV or DR half shafts, as they are shorter than the MR's due to the bigger R200 diff. The R200 is much wider hence the shorter length of the half shafts.

Some 260Z's had R200's but they used a universal joint type shaft as opposed to the later CV versions.

I don't know the dimensions of the 510 1600, but I do know of a Bluebird getting around Sydney that put a complete R30 rear end in, including cross member etc etc. They had to weld in the mounting posts etc for the cross member, but it fitted without to much drama.

Good luck, cause your hunting a rare item today.

Anyone with spares would be very reluctant to part with them. Best to check around the parts importers. If you have no joys come back to me and I'll ask about here in Sydney.

Cheers,

Dennis

Yeah i already have the 260Z half shafts in at the moment. I will be swapping the contents of my LSD into an R200 Open which has less crownwheel and pinion wear.

While im at it i wanted to do the CV conversion..

If you hear of anything available please let me know.

Cheers Ghostrider

Sr20DET510,

search through ozdat,datnet etc, ive seen a few R200 Lsd's for sale there, some with C.v's too.

Seen a rebuilt 4.6 ratio R200 LSD (abit high for your application) sell for $1200, cant remmeber where i seen it tho...

Cheers,

• 4 months later...
Seen a rebuilt 4.6 ratio R200 LSD (abit high for your application) sell for $1200, cant remmeber where i seen it tho...

That was on ebay, wasn't it? I saw it too...

I have a R200 3.9 LSD that I might part with for the right price. Sorry, the shafts don't go with it, unless the price is very right!

R31 import half shafts are the same length as the DR one's as well, but they are thicker then the dr one's, once again though you need the half shafts and all cause they are a different flange pattern to the DR's half shafts!