SAU Community

Clicking Hicas Noise

avant

hey guys any help would be great,

after i stop the car from a trashing, even a very light one, the HICAS light flickers on for a while and you can hear a clicking/knocking noise coming from the right side of the engine bay somewhere, flashes longer the harder you trash it, does anyone know if theirs a chance the HICAS light indicates the status of the engine or is it just for steering?? also anyone knows why it does this for then??

cheers

hey guys any help would be great,

after i stop the car from a trashing, even a very light one, the HICAS light flickers on for a while and you can hear a clicking/knocking noise coming from the right side of the engine bay somewhere, flashes longer the harder you trash it, does anyone know if theirs a chance the HICAS light indicates the status of the engine or is it just for steering?? also anyone knows why it does this for then??

cheers

hi

fixed the same problem on my 32 gtr it would do it while driving too, it turned out to be electrical connections for the hicas ecu power.

It got a bit better with full charged new battery but was still intermittant.

The bang noise is hydraulic hammer in the power steer oil cooler when the power steer solenoid is switching off and back on because low voltage at the hicas ecu is making it reset, to prove it is the problem you read the hicas ecu error codes after the hicas light has been on but there will be no error because a reset doesnt log an error, all other things that cause the light to come on (except low oil level) will put an error code in the memory.unplug the oil level switch to make sure it is not turning the light on, but any way it dont make the hydrailic hammer just the light only.

THE FIX

lots of connections between the battery and hicas ecu cause voltage drop.

pull apart all connectors and spray lanox( a cleaner lubricant containg lanolin to protect the connections)

Connections 1:connector plug at the battery terminal 2: Fusible links in the box in engine bay behind battery 3:connector plugs below the box in the engine bay 4:ignition switch connetor plug 5:turbo timer harness connector plug(if you got one) 7: fuse under dash 8:main harness to to rear harness connector behind the right kick panel(i didnt do this one) 9:connector plug at the the hicas ecu.

had no hicas light or hammer since doing the fix

thanks heaps for your advice buddy,

will try on the weekend this idea, but can you tell me where i can find the 4. ignition switch connector plug , 7. what fuse under dash, 9. connector plug at HICAS ecu?

cheers

thanks heaps for your advice buddy,

will try on the weekend this idea, but can you tell me where i can find the 4. ignition switch connector plug , 7. what fuse under dash, 9. connector plug at HICAS ecu?

cheers

4 take the under dash panel off and you will see a bunch of 5 heavy wires coming from the ignition switch, follow them only 200mm you will find the 6 pin connector.

7:on the gtr its fuse 7 ign.

9: in the boot looking too the front of the car there are 2metal boxes attached up under the parcel shelf the left one with 3 or 4 electrical plugs is the ATTESA ecu the smaller one on the right with 1 electrical plug is the Hicas ecu, the plug is towards the front of the car you have to push a plastic release on the top of the plug to get it out I got full inside the boot to get mine out ,it wasnt easy.

Good Luck