SAU Community

Moving To Oz

Ultimategtr

Hi all, i normally reside on skylinesdownunder.co.nz ;)

iv been thinking about moving to oz for a long time. i have a decent job here working at a major ISP for over a year. Im thinking of coming over in december to look for jobs.

Does anyone know or could give me guidlines to take? iv done a fair amount of research on jobs etc..

I have a very strong grasp of windows, Microsoft, Networking, internet, policies etc, LAN etc

I have a decent grasp in VB.NET, ASP, and some other programming lingos.

Who here works in the IT industry? or the IT helpdesk role or something related to IT.. ?

Or could someone give me general tips to take..?

Cheers :)

in brisbane at least there seems to be a fair bit of contract work around for admin type roles

im a porgrammer

always plenty of work for them also

have a look on seek.com.au or any of the other job mobs sites

Edited by Spook's_Skyline

I was looking for a new IT role earlier this year, and there was no shortage of jobs, If you have a few years experience in whatever field you are in, then I don't think you will have a problem at all at the moment!

ISP experience is a good foundation.

Try;

careerone.com.au

jobnet.com.au

mycareer.com.au

Who here works in the IT industry? or the IT helpdesk role or something related to IT.. ?

Or could someone give me general tips to take..?

That's funny. But seriously I doubt anyone on SAU would work in IT would they? :starwars:

Edited by 3lit3 32

yer, aapt are one of the larger telecom companies in aus!

oh aye cool! its related to telecom here in nz somehow.. im awaiting replies from management over there for any vacancies :cheers::D:D:D wish m luck :D

AAPT has an office based here on the Goldcoast, they do most of their Connect.com Provisioning work from there.

Finding an IT related job on the goldcoast is easier than attracting flies to shit :laugh: im now in the IT industry after workin in communications for agessss.

Edited by |ANT|

rightttt.. so working on a IT helpdesk is nerdy..?

hmm goldie isnt that far from wher i wana go.. maryborough.. anyone know much about it? iv read bout it on the net..and seen pics.. my mate stays there. Anyone here from maryborough?

i dont wana move over there and not get the job i want... cz then id have to do hunting around and perhaps do some shitty fast food job which i hate!

People hes from NZ what he considers rural and what us brisbaneites consider rural im sure are 2 different things.

i went over at christmas to the south island i got fam there

flat out finding a maccas lol

nar its not that bad really

but brisbane for sure

lol!

oi im not planning on living in maryborough!! i just hav a special friend there who id wana see regularly.

just somewher close.. with an IT job :D

Who here works on a IT helpdesk..?

My role is primarily based around adsl. troubleshooting etc etc.