SAU Community

Need Good Mechanic

HR-32

Give boostworx a try, they're currently doing all of my wiring, etc - and I'm very impressed with shauns attitude and work ethic. :P Their pricing seems very reasonable compared to some of the so called other "performance workshops" in adelaide.

mate i saw ur car at boostworx when i had mine dynoed few days ago and asked shaun whos it was its a f*kn beauty top work. love it. is it 25 or 25/30 engine?

all in all ive been using shauns business for two years and spent alot of money there... i recommend it... but then again its getting harder and harder to make a booking lol. his prices are v reasonable

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mate i saw ur car at boostworx when i had mine dynoed few days ago and asked shaun whos it was its a f*kn beauty top work. love it. is it 25 or 25/30 engine?

Yeah it's a 25/30, he thought it might have been up and running this week, but I told him there was a fair bit of work and escpecially with my cursed car it wouldn't be, and I was right. :dry:

Brendan:

i got a friend who used to work in ASE, he now has his own business which is a mobile workshop (van)

he did my s15's suspension, don't think any workshop can match his price

His name is Ryan and u can contact him @ 0433 149 727

Thanks maxx

I just received my Bilstein shocks and the Whiteline subframe alignment kit (to go with the Whiteline swaybars and castor kit I got a week or so ago), and gave Ryan a call.

His number is now 0401 727 440 and is readily available to install suspension gear for you all.

Im going to help him do it this coming Monday (3rd May) to do it all, and its going to be like around $200, seeing that I live like just across the road from him! - awesome value either which way though!

Let you all know how it goes - Brendan

I have a mate who is a Nissan Tech.... Now based at Grand Nissan, Main Sth Rd, Morphett Vale....

He does weekend work to supplement his income sometimes....

Owns an R32 himself, and is a young guy, so doesn't mind working on performance cars etc...

I could pass his info on, if he is ok with that.... would have to ask him first.

Just got my car back it was the peddle alignment that was causing the clutch to slip woo hoo cheap fix I was worried that i would have to buy a whole new clutch.

Also got a full inspection done (should have done it before buying - stupid me) there wasn't anything too bad except for the radiator hoses need replacing before summer. If i still have the car :D

Edited by Whiplash

Just got my car back it was the peddle alignment that was causing the clutch to slip woo hoo cheap fix I was worried that i would have to buy a whole new clutch.

Also got a full inspection done (should have done it before buying - stupid me) there wasn't anything too bad except for the radiator hoses need replacing before summer. If i still have the car :rolleyes:

thought that was your car, i was just getting full price for driveshaft joints and camber kits, Still having idle problems with emanage ultimate.

so that was your car. Radiator hoses are going to be expensive around $1200, so i still need to decide wether i am going to get a different skyline before summer

Mate, save the $ on the hoses (Cant belive that expensive!) and drop in a GTR engine/gearbox combo.

:rolleyes:

Ryan (0401 727 440) is a car-nut, owning a turbo'd work van, and a sweet-as R31 Skyline, He did an awesome job on my Stagea suspension group buy (shocks, swaybars, bushes etc). Awesome value for money.

We went thru my car today here today & installed the goodies, was real cheap really to do it all in the garage at home, he can do all sorts of stuff, pretty much everything to do with the Skylines..... & holds accounts with all the brand name suppliers etc, so can supply and fit basically anything (suspn, turbos, gearboxes, diffs, services etc - anything really), and gets all the BrandName goodies at like wholesale prices.

Looks like I'll go thru him when Im ready for my hiflow turbo; later this year.

If you're after a mechanic, he'll come to you and work out of his van etc, and supply and fit whatever you need done. Top bloke, was an easy day doing all the suspn gear for my Stag; oh boy she'd improved her handling 'somewhat'

Tangles. :ermm:

The Stagea now feels like its a Slot-car.... awesome, top value using Ryan. I totally recommend him to you all, to work on your performance cars, for any aspect whatsoever.

Hes actually coming ack tomorrow to finish off the castor bushes (needs a big press to punch them out) and the subframe alignment, out of his own goodwill. cant get better service or value for money than that, hey! Just over $250 all up for quite a few hrs of work (I threw in lunch and we consumed plenty of drinks LOL, didnt finish until it was pitch black as we talked way too much!)

Brendan

I can't belive how different my car is now that the clutch is set properly. It is so much easier to launch from sanding still ( i nearly stalled a couple of times on the way home from Graham West).

Ryan (0401 727 440) is a car-nut, owning a turbo'd work van, and a sweet-as R31 Skyline, He did an awesome job on my Stagea suspension group buy (shocks, swaybars, bushes etc). Awesome value for money.

We went thru my car today here today & installed the goodies, was real cheap really to do it all in the garage at home, he can do all sorts of stuff, pretty much everything to do with the Skylines..... & holds accounts with all the brand name suppliers etc, so can supply and fit basically anything (suspn, turbos, gearboxes, diffs, services etc - anything really), and gets all the BrandName goodies at like wholesale prices.

Looks like I'll go thru him when Im ready for my hiflow turbo; later this year.

If you're after a mechanic, he'll come to you and work out of his van etc, and supply and fit whatever you need done. Top bloke, was an easy day doing all the suspn gear for my Stag; oh boy she'd improved her handling 'somewhat'

Tangles. :D

so if i got the whiteline goods from the sydney fella i could get him to install for cheaper? Still deciding to try and sell as is, i fi do sell then wont have the hassle anymore, or the skyline tho...decisions

so if i got the whiteline goods from the sydney fella i could get him to install for cheaper? Still deciding to try and sell as is, i fi do sell then wont have the hassle anymore, or the skyline tho...decisions

Or Get Ryan to supply and install maybe - he's a top lad & I attest to his work (Im a fussy bugga). Look at it this way, he comes to you, therefore no overheads for a business premises, therefore cheaper rates.

Best of luck.

Another shameless plug for Ryan (again - sorry; bit of a hard luck story......)

Hes coming back to finish off my castor bushes and subframe alignment, tommorrow. To do that he has to drop off the arms, take them to his old workplace premises*, punch the bushes out on his 2tonne press, come back and install the stuff, and tighten the suspn stuff he installed on Monday.

At the same time, for cost price, hes dropping my oil and replacing with Mobil1 and a genuine nissan oil filter. He can source EVERYTHING for you at a top rate (no overheads).

Towards the end of this year I'll get him to supply larger Sard or Nismo injectors for an unbeatable price, and get him to take out and have the turbo hiflowed at either GCG or ATS, then reinstalled (all at home, yay!), again for an unbeatable price.

*hard luck story - big rains 6 weeks ago flooded his rented workshop, which in turn put asbestos dust over everything, and the Govt came in and closed the shop down, due to the landlord not complying with the asbestos regulations (from what I understand of the story).

Try him out lads, and all the best to you all - Brendan

• 2 weeks later...
so that was your car. Radiator hoses are going to be expensive around $1200, so i still need to decide wether i am going to get a different skyline before summer

That's BS, it's a piss easy job, and their's no way the parts cost that much. You can get a guchi Sard hard rad piping kit for half that amount.

That's BS, it's a piss easy job, and their's no way the parts cost that much. You can get a guchi Sard hard rad piping kit for half that amount.

I agree - Im totally shocked that that price came from GWW......... Im now thinking they may have charged me too much for dyno time.

GWW does some really good work don't get me wrong........BUT they charge for it too $600 was my quote to re map my FC and it only took a short drive down to see Shaun at Boostworx and he said $440 MAX to re map my whole FC..........and even then it only cost me like $375 thru him. you do the math!