SAU Community

I Hate Customs

Well my car arrived last nite to find out today from my customs agent that my car has been audited. Apparently this is "random" and is generated automatically by a "computer". So i asked the agent what needs to be done...

First customs wants us to organise an independant valuer to value the car..... and then I pay tax on that value (although I've been told that sometimes the value can come in less than what is declared I doubt this will be the case). Also I have to pay for the valuation myself.... why the f*ck should I pay for it since I have all documentation and receipts to prove the cost of the car... that is BS for one. So lets say someone finds a really good deal in Japan and gets the car here for cheap and then some d*ckhead goes "NO you can't do that.... since I have a shitter car than you or because I am inadequately sized you'll have to pay more tax".

This will prolong the time that the car sits on the dock in which case I again have to pay for the car sitting on the docks while the d*ckhead customs organise themselves.... and has anyone noticed how BS the tax is.... first all cars under $55K get taxed at 15% for customs duty tax.... then this amount is FURTHER taxed at 10% GST.... hold on.... isn't that tax being payed on tax? WTF?

Well now that I've vented I feel better..... has this happened to anyone else??