SAU Community

How To Connect Amp To An Old Deck

J_R32

hey guys/gals,

i have done a stereo install on my old silvia with a new deck using rca elads to connect deck to amp, but my skyline came with a oldish deck(cd stacker) pre 1999 and it doesnt have any RCA plugs. My questain is how do i connect a simple 2 channel amp to that deck?soemthing about high input and low input?? ( i am still a noob stereo installer)

cheers for the help. the instructions of my amp arent very clear.

btw the amp is gonna be connected to a cheapy sub.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, easy one.

This device:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...eMax=&SUBCATID=

takes the "high level output" of an amplifier (like the small one inside your headunit) and feeds out a "low level output" or "RCA" - a signal your new amp can use. If you put a high level output straight into the amp's low level input, you'll kill the amp.

The device from Jaycar needs no power, you just connect the four wires (which are labeled on the device) to the deck and presto.

i probably recommend you getting a new deck, the sound quality you get from the high level output is pretty ordinary compare to RCA's,

new cd decks these day are so cheap, theres a sale on strathfield/super cheap every 2nd week

recommend upgrading to a pioneer deck that plays mp3 cds, alot better than a cd stacker

Edited by R33TOM