SAU Community

Water Lines From Turbo

hey guys,

i have had a search. where does the water return line go to from the turbo, i know it runs behind the block but where does it actually go into the block. im putting a gt3040 on and need to know as i need to make up some new water lines. and how much pressure runs through there.

the water return is the lower fitting on the right hand side of the pic , at the end of the chain and has white dots on it...

the one above it is the feed.

ps .. not my pics .. cant remembers whos that are either :D

post-5157-1148889710.jpg

sorry i meant the feed one, but is it ok just to put a hose on the existing pipe?????? mine has been cut (atm my feed goes straight into the return via a rubber hose) ny new turbo requires the water lines.

oh ok, RB25 water feed comes out of the back of the plenum into a rubber hose for about 100mm, then into the steel line you see in the pic from my last post.

as it is done there, just use a rubber or braided line onto that and to what ever fitting is on the turbo...

putting a hose on there with a hose clamp is fine for water, i did that for a gt28rs on a sr20 and it worked fine.. even double hose clamp it if makes u sleep better at nite

enzed told me that u cant do it with oil but cos the pressure will come up under the hose clamp and make the hose slip off..

i had the 100mm hose break on me, so you might wanna look into replacing it anyway.. only took me 20-30 mins to do, but yeah, lose some skin off the old knuckles. :)

you could undo the 10mm bolt that holds the metal pipe onto the head if you want, then have that steel line stretched at the end to create a bead for the hose if you want...

The feed actually comes straight from the back of the waterpump, and runs through the plenum and around the block and to the turbo. If you ever get an aftermarket plenum like a greddy item, you need to plumb the waterfeed straight from back of pump and run it to the turbo.