SAU Community

Running Rcas In An R33

govich

Hi guys,

I'm going to install a new headunit into the R33 this week and want to lay down another RCA run to the boot for my sub. I know most cars (well the ones i've worked on) have the wiring running along the door sills, but i just want to be sure before i go pulling the interior apart. What's the exact path the wiring takes? (ie. beside the rear seats? under them?) Should i run them along the driver's or passenger's side? (is there a difference?) Do i have to do anything 'big' like taking out the rear seats? I appreciate any advice that might make it easier. :P

Cheers

Edited by govich

You can run the RCA's down the passenger sill and it'd pay to take rear seats out to lay RCA so it won't get oinched by the seat. Seats are easy to take out. Unbolt 2 bolts holding seat at front. Then pull up, you'll need to exert a fair bit of force. Takes bottom seat out. them unbolt near back seat near rear seatbelt anchors, push up towards roof as the seat sits on 'hooks', then pull out. Easy as. If 2 door, them unbolt front seatbelt anchor so laying RCA's is easier.

I laid my RCA's down the transmission tunnel and then under the back seat, more work, but less wires for them to cross - I was trying to eliminate any possibility of noise.

Hope this helps.