SAU Community

Police Attention

yoshiE

I guess i have posted in the SA section about my thoughts on police targeting import cars but how do you think the 4- door generation go with the law? Cefiro's, Laurels and the like seem to fair ok against teh tuff sticker slapping police so it seems. How does everyone else go?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest a31rb25

i got done in my ceffy last night, speeding, unregistered vehicle. the police had a good look at the car, but didn't ask to look under the bonnet or check ride height or anything like that. perhaps because i'd been busted for enough already, or perhps because it was a four door and i was co-operative.

4 doors seem to help in not attracting attention (when doing the right thing). but if you're being a dickhead, it doesn't matter what you're in

i've been pulled up for speeding which i talked my way out of, cop was a TMU officer and didn't seem to fussed about the car. Only had a quick double look at my boost guage when he saw it as he walked back to his car. Also been tailed by the imfamous Knox TMU officer for a fair distance and no trouble - although mind you my car still has a quiet exhaust and nothing obviously defectable, also I don't drive like a dick.

Edited by skypy12

i personally get pulled over at least twice a week, i never do anything stupid i never speed, i never do anything illegal i drive slower than most people i know

yet i still get hassled, i guess cops see the car im in and how young n flashy i am and assume i'm a meth dealer...

i got done in my ceffy last night, speeding, unregistered vehicle. the police had a good look at the car, but didn't ask to look under the bonnet or check ride height or anything like that. perhaps because i'd been busted for enough already, or perhps because it was a four door and i was co-operative.

4 doors seem to help in not attracting attention (when doing the right thing). but if you're being a dickhead, it doesn't matter what you're in

Gotta admit man, speeding, no rego your kind asking for it a bit :( and no offence, but you should have been done. Thats just silly driving un regoed.

Mr Eps, you got shinny wheels? And your in Perth right? Mark used to live in Perth and from what I was told gave the cops a good run around with his RB26 cef. So they probably just dont like them over there.

I've only been pulled over twice in 2.5 years. And only got done on one of those occasions.

TOUCH WOOD!

I havnt been done yet in about a year and half. My car is legal height at the chassis but exhaust sits too low and has a moderate sounding exahaust.

Been followed by numerous police / TMU / Undercover TMU and nothing happened yet. If the car isn't obviously illegal they usually dont mind (and if ur not driving like a knob) thats why i got rid of my kit. So when the new exhaust comes it wont be so obvious :(

Edited by konect

Guest a31rb25
Gotta admit man, speeding, no rego your kind asking for it a bit :( and no offence, but you should have been done. Thats just silly driving un regoed.

completely agreed Daveo, the car is booked on tuesday for a RWC. i drove to the petrol station to fill her up for the track day at Winton today, put the foot down in the back street and an unmarked car spotted me. i'm not one to whinge & cry about it. i did a number of wrong things and will wear a suitable punishment for my actions.

on the plus side, i don't have to go court, and once the suspension of my license comes into effect, i can put more time & effort into the car. new kit......

I havent been looked at more then twice.

Then again my car is only painted with an exhaust. Not lowered or over the top.

I guess if u drive to the law they will think ur just another dad or mum driving their kids to school or something.

Tis fun getting the looks by police when they have know idea what my car is.

When i had that ex ken satoh ceffy i drove it around all over the place... past cops, tailed by cops and nothing happend and that thing wasnt registered, didnt have plates, sat about 1inch off the ground, RB26, cage and had a 3inch straight pipe with no cat for an exhaust.

i even pulled into a servo and behind me two cops pulled in to fill up... i was blocking them and they couldnt move until i had finished, started it up and gave it a quick blip of the throttle to get it going... started pulling out.... floored it to get upto speed, quick change down to get into the other lane for a u turn (blowing flames) and they didnt even pull me over...

yet in my soarer, R32 i got pulled over all the time.

just doesnt make sense...

When i had that ex ken satoh ceffy i drove it around all over the place... past cops, tailed by cops and nothing happend and that thing wasnt registered, didnt have plates, sat about 1inch off the ground, RB26, cage and had a 3inch straight pipe with no cat for an exhaust.

i even pulled into a servo and behind me two cops pulled in to fill up... i was blocking them and they couldnt move until i had finished, started it up and gave it a quick blip of the throttle to get it going... started pulling out.... floored it to get upto speed, quick change down to get into the other lane for a u turn (blowing flames) and they didnt even pull me over...

yet in my soarer, R32 i got pulled over all the time.

just doesnt make sense...

I still cant believe you never complied that car. And ever more so I cant believe i didnt buy it before it got raped :banana: Poor Ken Sato must be turning in his workshop.

lol yeah in all honesty i shouldnt have got it in the 1st place.

altho i dont regret it... the time i did have it i had lots of fun in it :banana:

was a massive car... (as in awesome not large... altho its a cef of course its large)

i remember the shock on so many peoples faces and the utter confusion it caused back then. No one had seen one before and there werent as many around as now and with that kit and wheels it had an awesome stance on the road. I remember taking off from the lights and seeing an old lady jump from fright haha.

I live in S.A and have been pulled over plenty of times in my ceff, but only defected once. I was in the wrong place at the worng time i guess, was a female copper that defected me, she was driving the other way, spotted my shiny intercooler did a instant u-turn after me and pulled me over, bam, defect :D

Most of the time coppers dont look at my ceff really but as soon as they hear some turbo "noises" then they seem alot more interested in the car.

lol yeah in all honesty i shouldnt have got it in the 1st place.

altho i dont regret it... the time i did have it i had lots of fun in it :wave:

was a massive car... (as in awesome not large... altho its a cef of course its large)

i remember the shock on so many peoples faces and the utter confusion it caused back then. No one had seen one before and there werent as many around as now and with that kit and wheels it had an awesome stance on the road. I remember taking off from the lights and seeing an old lady jump from fright haha.

I still remember the sound when you left Sams mmmmmm straight throuh rb26.

f**k YEAH!