SAU Community

All About R34 Tt

rice boy

I'm a new owner of R34 GTt 1998, like all new owner I love every bit of it.

To me all GT is designed, molded, invested and engineered for one reason, and that reason is for pure desire of exhilaration, thrill seeking machine.

So like any other GT that has been built R34 GT is no excepted, it is built to please the one behind the wheel.

So this thread is all dedicated for all R34 GTt owner who want to discuss, ask, share informations that would turn a GTt to a pleasure machine.

Hmmmmmm.. all this pleasure talking thing is making this thread sound like a sex machine.

So let discuss what is R34GTt? is it all the same as the R33, R32? Can it handle all the same mods as the R33 and R32? What is difference? What is the same? what is the cost difference to the previous models....

Edited by rice boy

No offense, but isnt that what every section on this forum is for?

none taken..

personally i found it very hard to fillter all of the topic just to make the relation to R34?

i mean there is heap topics that relate to R33 & 32, such as fuel, tubro,....this is all common, I can find these out the in the local store.

not only that they are all well covered, not to mention that R33 and 32 has been around for more than 10 years. so there is no problem finding infor if you have a r33 or for the matter of facts 32.

So if any you have any good pointer I would be more than appreciate to see it. :D

Well one major fact is that the RB25DET in the R34 is not exactly the same as the R33 series.

When you order or specify parts make sure they are for the R34 RB25DET..can't comment on what parts are different but I know for sure the turbo is, and also cams different due the variable valve timing or what not..

Anybody correct me if I am wrong..

That wiki states R34GT - 2.0 L RB20DE I6, 140 hp (103 kW)... WTF??

Since when did nissan make a 2.0L R34???

'R34GT - 2.0 L RB20DE I6, 140 hp (103 kW)

25GT-V - 2.5 L RB25DE I6, 193 hp (142 kW)

25GT/25GT-X - 2.5 L RB25DE I6, 193 hp (142 kW)

25GT-t - 2.5 L RB25DET turbo I6, 280 hp (206 kW) ' From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

don't know mate. may be there is may be not.

you can't belive evey on the net.

the only way is to find more infor from difference source.

Edited by rice boy

R34 Nissan Skyline Facts

Print Email

quote from http://www.skyline-nissan.net/home/p2_arti...displaycomments

/In May 1998 the HR/ER/ENR34 addressed many of the concerns over the change from the R32 to the R33, with focused emphasis on sportiness. The RB20e engine was discontinuted in the R34 base model (GT) and the RB20DE reintroduced after last being used in the R32 Skyline. The R34 GT powered by the RB20de and 5 speed gearbox becomes the most fuel efficient straight six Skyline to date of any shape. The 5 speed automatic transmission available on some models in the previous 2 shapes was discontinued. In its place Nissan produced a 4 speed tip-tronic transmission for all of the automatic versions. '

they did make a 2ltr, cannot be imported under SEVS though, hense no one has probably seen one in the flesh.....

Neo motor has different cam setup i believe, also a different ecu and turbocharger compared to R33 RB25. As mentioned, the R34 intercooler is also upgraded too.

they did make a 2ltr, cannot be imported under SEVS though, hense no one has probably seen one in the flesh.....

Neo motor has different cam setup i believe, also a different ecu and turbocharger compared to R33 RB25. As mentioned, the R34 intercooler is also upgraded too.

Yeah, know that they make them, but never heard of it or see it in WA or Australia.

just find a great site that have detail manual for R32-34...all so tune and mod spec. too..

fantastic site.. can't wait, until I get off work to read it all..

Edited by rice boy

* Speed change ratio * last deceleration ratio

Transmission 5 fast manuals

Dual matic M-ATx (full range electronic control 4th gear automatic) * 2 E-ATx (full range electronic control 4th gear automatic)

some thing useful. :blink:

post-29933-1153300501.jpg

comparison--gtr-gtt-gts r33

The GT-T is rear wheel drive 2.5 litre single turbo (RB25DET). The GT-T has NEO variable valve lift timing and equipped with excellent HICAS 4-wheel steering and the same leather trimmed steering wheel as the GTR. The Straight Six engine which produces 280bhp, 250ft/lbs of torque and a 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds with a top speed of 160+mph. It comes with 17" alloy wheels fitted with 225/45 tyres and has Nissan 4 pot front brakes and 2 pot rears. 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic with Tiptronic paddles for gear changes. The R34 GTT is the updated version of the older R33 GTS-T and as such has much in common although with a more powerful engine. All come with climate control, 4 wheel steering (HICAS), Xenon headlights, ABS and air bags.

The GTT is effectively a little brother version of the GTR. They share the same body shell but most of the internals have been upgraded in the GTR. Both produce the same engine figures at 280bhp but the GTR has far greater neck snapping torque and a faster 0-60 time.

this take me months to find out the above infor. guess I'm a bit slow :(

Edited by rice boy

:D ENGINE BAY..

Engine Name: RB25DET

Engine Cooling: Water cooled,

Engine Configuration: Inline 6 Cylinder,

Engine Camshafts: Double Overhead Cam 24 valve,

Engine Aspiration: Intercooled Turbo,

Engine Valve Technology: NEO Variable Valve Timing Technology

Engine Bore × Stroke: 86mm × 71.7mm

Engine Displacement: 2498 cc

Engine Compression Ratio: 9:1

Engine Max Power 206kW (276 bhp) @ 6400rpm

Engine Max Torque 343Nm (253 ft-lb) @ 3200rpm

(a top speed of 160+mph)

post-29933-1153462687.jpg

Exterior

Front fog lamps Option

Rear fog lamps Option

Xenon headlights Standard

Projector headlights No

Front spoiler Option

Rear spoiler Option

Rear window wiper Standard

Safety

Driver airbag Standard

Front passenger airbag Standard

Side airbags Option

Anti-lock braking system Standard

Traction control Standard

Front seat belt pre-tensioners Standard

Front seat belt force limiters Standard

Rear seat lap sash belt Standard

Child seat attachment Standard

Side impact protection bars Standard

Navigation and Audio

Navigation Option

Sound (CD and MD) AM/FM radio, CD player

CD player No

Features

Air conditioning Automatic

Power windows Standard

Central door locking Standard

Steering wheel reach adjust No

Steering wheel height adjust Standard

Cruise control No

Leather steering wheel Standard

Leather seats No

Power front seat adjustment No

Power rear seat adjustment No

Wood panel No

Sunroof Option

Alloy wheels 17 inch standard

Split fold rear seatback No

Ultraviolet reducing glass Standard

Tinted windows Option

Maintenance

Motor oil quantity Only oil exchange

Approximately 3.9l

Element exchange

Approximately 4.3l

Genuine plug NGK PFR6G-11

Chilled water total capacity Approximately 9.4l

Reservation it includes

Thermostat opened valve temperature It starts opening, 82 degree

Full opening 95 degree

Mission oil GL-4 75w-90

Approximately 2.8l

Diff. oil GL-5 80W-90

ANY ONE NEED MORE INFOR ASK ME. and i'll post more.

Edited by rice boy

uP GRADE.. EXAMPLE AND SUGGESTION

You need to start with a solid platform before trying to build power. First you need to make sure the vehicle is in good running condition before ever going out and modifying it. You need to do a tune up to help ensure the vehicle will run correctly.

Spark Plugs. Recommended are NGK Iridium plugs, NGK Racing plugs, DENSO Iridium plugs, TRUST Racing plug Iridium, APEX Racing plug Iridium, HKS SUPER FIRE Iridium plugs...

Oil Change /Filter change. Keep her happy. We use Valvoline Synpower, Royal Purple, Neo6, 76 Racing, Mobil 1, 5w/50, 15/50w, 10W/40 or 10/30w full synthetic. We have found 76 Racing to be the best, keeping temp & pressure very healthy. Oil Filter - OEM 15208-60U00, PH3682, OEM(R34) 15208-9E000.

76 High Performance Synthetic Engine Oils. SAE10W-30 and SAE20W-50

Turbo tested and specially formulated for today’s higher revving, hotter running engines with high quality synthetic PolyAlfaOlefin and ester base oils and a carefully balanced race-winning additive package. Approved to meet the stringent API SJ standard by the American Petroleum Institute. The 76 High Performance Synthetic oils can be used in any ‘modern’ high performance or race engine application and provides outstanding low temperature properties to assure oil pumpability and faster engine starting at extremely low ambient temperatures at the same time as it provides unbeatable protection at extreme high operating temperatures.

76 High Performance Engine Oils SAE10W-30, SAE10W-40, SAE20W-50

Turbo tested and specially formulated for today's higher revving, hotter running engines with high paraffin base stock 2 oils and a carefully balanced race-winning additive package. Approved to meet the stringent API SJ standard by the American Petroleum Institute. The 76 High Performance engine oils are specially suited for sports and racing cars with 'older' type of engine design. Wheter used in a race application or in a high performance road car it will give you excellent protection against engine sludge, varnish protection, scuffing and wear combined with a consistent oil pressure even under 'abnormal' oil-temperatures.

76 Super Motor Oils. SAE5W-20, SAE5W-30, SAE10W-40, SAE20W-50 and SAE30

Formulated with high quality base oils and a carefully balanced additive package designed to meet the demanding lubrication requirements of petrol engines. They provide easy starting at low temperatures, low oil consumption and excellent wear protection under all driving conditions. 76’s SAE5W-20 and SAE5W-30 grades are fuel efficient for improved fuel economy and meet new-car warranty requirements (as defined by ILSAC GF-2). All 76 Super Motor oils are approved to meet the stringent API SJ standard by the American Petroleum Institute but the SAE5W-20 and SAE5W-30 grades also meet the new API SL standard. It is also specially designed to cope with today’s demanding driving cycles such as short-trip and stop-and-go driving including usage in turbo engines.

Please view our maintaince page for further details....

Induction. All Nismo/Mine's demo cars run stock aribox & panel filter. The A'PEXi Power filter won top honors for being the filter able to generate the most power and the best air flow. The ARC aluminium box is one of the most durable air filters available and a really good performing one as well. The HKS SPF filters are also very good should net 10-13 BHP.

Exhaust / De-Cat- Standard exhaust systems are, by design, restrictive. Increasing the amount of exhaust gas flow is the first progressive step towards increasing engine performance and efficiency. Performance exhaust systems are designed to increase the mass and velocity of exhaust gas flow. This allows for a reduction in back pressure and thermal stress, thus unleashing engines potential for increased power, torque and response.

Fuel filter

Apexi ECU Power FC- My favourite aftermarket ECU. Stand alone, Plug and play. With the hand held commander and the boost control kit . Japanese market premium fuel is rated at 100+ octane. They use a different method of determining octane in Japan. Here in the UK - our premium fuel is 95 octane. Optimax 97. For all practical purposes 95/96 is as high as you will get in most petrol stations. Most people map their cars to optimse the ignition and fuel, this will give best economy on cruise. We highly recommend the Apexi FC.

Or in the mean time on stock ECU highly recommend using 76 racing Cool Blue 106 Octane racing fuel.

Designed to burn cleanly, give more torque and thrives at high revs. Can be used neat or blended with lower octane street fuels to upgrade 'super unleaded' petrol.

This is the fuel to have if you want to improve your qt mile times. Can safely be used in engines with up to 14:1 compression ratio (aluminium heads). Works excellent with both normally aspirated RB20 engines as well as RB25 + RB26 turbo charged engines.

Oil Catch Can - GT-R's rev high. They have oil squinters, run under boost, and generally move a lot of air/oil around in the motor. Oil lowers the effective octane of the fuel.

Gasket (Steel)

Ceramic Coating

Water Injection

Upgraded Intercooler

Upgraded Intercooler

Pistons- Blitz, HKS, JUN... all Lightweight yet very strong, pistons are superbly designed and machined, perfectly balanced and suitable for high-power.

Cams- stock cams:

Int 60 8.58 mm lift 113 centre line

Exh 59 8.28 mm lift 125 centre line

JUN's camshaft profiling is superior to HKS, Trust or Tomei...They're more expensive than the HKS / Trust counterparts, but believe you get what you pay for. Most the BIG BHP demo cars in Japan use Jun camshafts as their weapon of choice.

Crankshafts

Fitting of oil cooler, for increased engine life. Oil cooler decrease maximum oil temperature approximately 20°C

Correct setting up of suspension;- Upgrading the suspension system can improve the way your car handles, and different systems are available, depending on whether for everyday use, drag racing or track events. Fully adjustable systems are ideal as they can be transformed from soft to hard quickly and easily. HKS Hipermax II are good, Öhlins suspension is better since well they are designed for B-road/track work so they give a much better feel and don't shudder as much. The Öhlins are stiffer but makes for a more comfortable ride as in when your going over bumps and such its more smooth and it isnt the crashing that you get with hiper dampers. Theres also greatly less body roll with the Öhlins setup. TEIN shocks with Eibach springs is considered to be one of the very reliable ones in the market. For a really good street suspension which is competent on the track then the Nismo S-tune is good. Or if you want a really good track suspension which is competent on the street then the Nismo R-tune excellent.

Transmission The synchros are not that durable. The internals of the R32/R33 are the same as the 300ZX twin turbo. Redline Shockproof Heavy Gear Oil. OS Giken transmission internal upgrades is good up to 700 hp.

Injectors - the standard GTR has 444cc injectors and produces around 450 BHP max on those injectors. As a very very rough guide, cc = bhp. 555cc for 555bhp...the same follows through for the 550cc, 600cc, 680cc etc MAX BHP should be 85% of injector size. Larger injectors make sure you get enough fuel through though and prevents any det and running lean.

Fuel pump- *GTST pump is 135 litres per hour and supports 300 bhp at standard pressure

*GTR pump is 190 litres per hour and supports 420 bhp at standard pressure

*Bosch 910 pump is 200 litres per hour and supports 450 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 910

*Bosch 975 pump is 228 litres per hour and supports 500 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 975

*Bosch 984 pump is 228 litres per hour and supports 500 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 984

*Bosch 044 pump is 330 litres per hour and supports 730 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 044

*Bosch 040 pump is 235 litres per hour and supports 520 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 040

' Nismo replacement is 276 l/hr. Apex'i Replacement is 276 l/hr.

Turbos - HKS offer a number of different turbines for applications ranging from 280bhp to 1000bhp. Designed and constructed using the latest in turbine technology, HKS turbines offer the very best in power and response.

The GT turbos offer a balance between power & response by utilizing a ball-bearing center cartridge for increased boost response, a unique compressor wheel design to prevent efficiency drop and a turbine wheel design that produces low-end and high-end torque.

Clutch - Lots of power and 4WD. The fuse in the driveline is the clutch. You have a lot of possibilities here. Our recent favourite clutch is the Nismo & OS Giken twin plate clutch. Has a very nice feel, plus its a sprung hub, for that extra give in the driveline. The triple could not be recommended for a street car. It is extremely difficult to drive on the street. Nismo twin plate works well. HKS twin plate is fairly hard to drive, but you get used to it. It also makes a bit of noise. A triple plate is very difficult to drive.

Air Flow Meters - Stock ones max out at around 400 horsepower to the wheels. A popular replacement is the 300ZX meters. They are physically larger. 80mm vs 70 mm. The Z32 AFM is needed when you chase higher power on the GTST as the standard one can't cope with the measurement of the higher air flow.

Brakes -Brembo, AP Racing, Alcon, Project µ, Endless, Wilwood. The complete kits include brake lines, pads and brakets. The R34 GTR is a Big motor, with lots of momentum and only 320 mm 4 pots. Go for 6 pots. They might be more expensive but they last longer and you halt you to a stand still FAST...