SAU Community

Clutch Advise Needed For R32 Gtr 1990

SysLink67

I'm in the market for a clutch for my 1990 R32 GTR. I belive it has a push type clutch and my car currently runs about 430 RWHP.

I have looked at the Jim Berry clutch "The full Monty" has anyone had any esp with these clutchs?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=121229

What do people use out there and why and cost factor? Also anyone DIY or what workshop / cost to put in clutch?

And yes I did use the search function.

Cheers Peoples

I'm in the market for a clutch for my 1990 R32 GTR. I belive it has a push type clutch and my car currently runs about 430 RWHP.

I have looked at the Jim Berry clutch "The full Monty" has anyone had any esp with these clutchs?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=121229

What do people use out there and why and cost factor? Also anyone DIY or what workshop / cost to put in clutch?

And yes I did use the search function.

Cheers Peoples

If you are in Perth, and you want to stick with a single plate, then I recommend that you see either Ken at Hyperdrive (Malaga) or Ross Autoclutch (Ossie Park).

• 2 weeks later...

yup my clutch is almost gone yet its not slipping, Xspeed said the diaphram collapsed or something like that an last night i crunched the gears a couple of times, i was going to get the Xtreme heavy duty single plate clutch from hyperdrive an thats 900$ fitted but then im not running 430hp! oh btw what air filters do you use syslink?

hey hanyou

yeh i wouldnt mind that clutch im just a lil strapped for cash atm and im not going for high HP yet only got air filters an exhaust, so i booked it into hyperdrive for the Xtreme heavy duty clutch, i dont plan on dragging it so it should be ok (unless a WRX pulls up at the lights) . apparently the Xtreme clutch is rated at 350hp so that suits me

Dam I could of sold you my os twin plate all it needs is new friction pads :)

I have just had the Xtreme heavy duty put in my car and its a lot easier to drive with then my twin. Its a lot less snappy it drive like a normal clutch but just firmer

hey hanyou

yeh i wouldnt mind that clutch im just a lil strapped for cash atm and im not going for high HP yet only got air filters an exhaust, so i booked it into hyperdrive for the Xtreme heavy duty clutch, i dont plan on dragging it so it should be ok (unless a WRX pulls up at the lights) . apparently the Xtreme clutch is rated at 350hp so that suits me

if you have minimal mods on your gtr i doubt you will break it :)

ive got the same clutch, but on a 33 gts-t with about 300rwhp.

had it about 18months now and it still launches and drives like the day i bought it. :)

yeh well thats pretty good then. hopefully getting 1st and no more grinding the gears, im begining to think its more than a stock clutch tho because dam its so freakin short an it is snappy. ah its like waiting for christmas . would be nice if it was a os giken twin plate in there and they could rebuild it

I am enjoying my Heavey duty Extreame clutch. Cost me about 1200 bucks but i dont have exactly what it is as i never got invoiced. Its had the 5 little pad's on it and massive springs .

my mechanic had ordered it before i wanted it as i was tossing up between a jim berry item but i have to say its doing really well

Exedy were just Wankers and couldnt be bothered really!

well f#ck interesting lesson i learnt today by my dad ... from $1800 at X speed too $900 at hyperdrive to fit a Xtreme heavy duty clutch too $0 just freakin adjusting the clutch!!!!!! man i feel so dumb an here i was thinking my dad wouldnt know. apparently he read the manual and hes like hey rich come out for a drive, and i couldnt believe it. NO MORE CRUNCHING!!!!! oh so happy that i dont need to spend moneys and it can go to more important things like power FCs an boost controllers