SAU Community

Where To Get Safc Ii Tuned On An R33 In Hobart

WogsRus

Hi all.

Well i'm new to skyline ownership, but as GMB will tell you, i've been round for a while.

I just got myself a series 1.5 (yes i know there was officialy no such thing) R33.

IT is in great nick with only 72K on the clock. Some old 65 year old buissness man in jappan owned it, have all the papers and recipts and log books, car is absolutly great.

So now i have a full exhaust on it, FPR, FMIC ( still not on), HKS Pod and bellmouth, boost controller ect. Now i am about to fit an SAFC II as it was cheep and well it will have to do for now.

I want to get it tunned sometime in the next 4 weeks, as teh FMIC is not on yet. Once that is on i want to run 12psi on a stock turbo and then get a highflow down the track.

So where do i get it done. I have asked Autoshaft, and got a price of $400, with Pro Automotive at $220. But who is best for Skylines and the most resonably priced?

THANKS.

Also what power to expect, at the moment, the car is great, it pulls dam hard at 7psi and current mods, and breaks out eaven between gear changes.

Edited by WogsRus

pro automotive seem to be the goods. plus they are cheaper. but i havent actualy had anything done myself.

check in the forced induction area in these fourms for some dyno figures of what you should get.

hope that helps.

Hi all.

Well i'm new to skyline ownership, but as GMB will tell you, i've been round for a while.

I just got myself a series 1.5 (yes i know there was officialy no such thing) R33.

IT is in great nick with only 72K on the clock. Some old 65 year old buissness man in jappan owned it, have all the papers and recipts and log books, car is absolutly great.

So now i have a full exhaust on it, FPR, FMIC ( still not on), HKS Pod and bellmouth, boost controller ect. Now i am about to fit an SAFC II as it was cheep and well it will have to do for now.

I want to get it tunned sometime in the next 4 weeks, as teh FMIC is not on yet. Once that is on i want to run 12psi on a stock turbo and then get a highflow down the track.

So where do i get it done. I have asked Autoshaft, and got a price of $400, with Pro Automotive at $220. But who is best for Skylines and the most resonably priced?

THANKS.

Also what power to expect, at the moment, the car is great, it pulls dam hard at 7psi and current mods, and breaks out eaven between gear changes.

Well without heading up north to see Brad or going to the mainland your locked into seeing either Kuz, Howell or PA here in the south.

I would just go see Kuc cobber and get him to do it. Are you going to tune it for 95 or 98???

Power with those mods you should see min 170 on low boost :angry:

thanks GMB, who is Kuz, elaborate.

I don't mind heading north, as my pearent live in Lton so i can go up for a weekend, but it is easier here. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

I usually use 95 or 98 octane, but tune for 95 as it is a littel chepper.

As to low boost what is that, this pupy will be cranked up till she pops, LOL, nah hopeing to run 12 psi

kuz is the owner of pro automotive

i think GMB means more fun on high boost.

get it tuned on high boost. at low it will probably fuel up a little but atleast once you hit high boost you wont lean it out.

i wouldnt worry about coming up north as most of the guys up here are pretty expensive and like i said before. kuz has payed with plenty of them and is cheaper i recon because he knows what is best for them so he can do it quick.

basicly hes already done the trial and eror so hes not practicing on your car.

hope that helps.

well i am not going to have low boost, she's going to be set on 12psi all the time. Just need to figure out if my turbo gasket is leaking or what.

Makes a funny noise but i can't feel any leaks.

check out my post in Forced Induction.

thanks guys

Edited by WogsRus

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i got the car booked in this morning to see Kutzie.

so far the car has got all the supporting mods

Walbro Gss432 pump

adjustable fuel pressure regulator

full 3" exhaust with dump pipe

HKS pod and intake

boost regulator

SAFC II

FMIC

New 02 sensor

New ECU temp sensor

I am running 7psi at the moment, and when i got o tune the SAFC II i want to run 12psi and no more, less if i can get away with it.

Andrew told me that 160rwKw is basically what is actually posible, i have no idea why, that is only a 40kw increase over stock.

Now basicaly intake and exhaust is a good 10kW, pod 5kW, 5psi boost 40kW, remap, about 10kW so that should be a total gain of about 65kw. Now stock at the RW is about 120-130kW so that should be about 180-190rwKw in total

So what the helll is he on about.

Can people post up their output figures with the mods. I am not too sure if the tuner can be trusted but that is the only one poeple have recomended.

What sourght of power figures should i be looking at, and what do i tell the tuner to do, ie fuel air rations and recomendations to my tune.

HELP PLEASE, i want to get this right, as i am on a budget. Thanks.

My car was supposed to be tuned tomorrow but I have major electrical probs and will have to wait a week or so to fix it first.

I have 550cc injectors, front facing plenum, 3" from turbo, t3/t4 turbo, pod, a/market fuel pump (not sure what), sard pressure regulator, haltech e6k computer, PWR fmic and will be running 16psi.

I am hoping for 230rwkw+++. will post pic when I get mine done.

Edited by Young GT-R

yeah well i did all the supporting mods first, and then i know i have a good base to start with, and go from there. What you got Young GT-R.

The car is a daily driver i use it all the time, so i have to make sure its reliable and good on fuel, so far, it's reliable, fuel, still a question.

always a good idea.

too many people whack a bigger turbo on and claim big power.

That's the beauty of doing it right, ie I might be able to get 230rwkw but it's very quick off the mark turbo comes on so early. great for a daily driver just like what u have.

having said that, mine is in a mighty HR31 coupe :D