SAU Community

Super charging Skyline...

get a blower of a toyat 1g engine with a custom bracket and custom pulleys... cost **** all. I was gonna do it to mine :D

And if set up right can still have a blow-off valve and with the electric clutch setup you can rig a switch to turn the supercharger on and off at will.

Guest Stocker

Good luck finding an electric clutch that will hold a decent supercharger.

Sopercharged engines have to have the blower running at all times, they don't come on and off like a turbo.

You don't need a wastegate on a supercharger either..you just change the pulley sizes till you get the boost you want at full throttle.

www.capa.com.au/main.html

Regards, Andrew.

would it be possible to get a supercharger and extractors also?

seems like a good idea i was think about supercharging seeing my dad doesnt want me to get a turbo

i'll tell him its nothing just a small mod haha

Actually the supercharger off the 1g has got a clutch biult into the supercharger, All you need to do is hook up the electrics for it to have a switch in the ****pit.

Would not run over 11000rpm though. 1.5-2 ratio would be max before the teflon coating would come off the baldes.

Doc

Guest Stocker

The aftermarket superchargers bolt onto the front of the engine like an acessory..they have a belt drive off the crank. If you didn't know anything about cars, you'd just think it was an alternator, air conditioning compressor or something.

Extractors work great on supercharged engines, in fact, with any sort of forced induction, you should look at cams ground with more exhaust lift, and extractors. Reason being, the intake side isn't a restriction anymore, as air is being forced in. So you open the exhaust up to help get rid of the higher volume of waste gases.

The only problem with superchargers is they are all made in the states, so cost cubic dollars. Mc Culloch(the mower people!)actually used to make supercharger kits in the '50's!

There is nothing like the instant throttle response and bottom end torque a supercharger provides though..you have to drive one to fully understand!

I have seen photos of people who have made their own blowers by cutting the exhaust side off a turbocharger and bolting an overdrive gearbox and belt drive to the front of it to drive the compressor. Someone actually set a class record at the salt flats with a homemade blower like this.

Regards, Andrew.

• 10 months later...

Wanna a good supercharger?

Then dont buy from australia you are wasting you time and money (just my 2cents).

If i had the money i would get (wat im planing on getting if i 396stroke my 350) supercharged 396 cost $15,000 US *hehehe dont know if that would fit on a v6* im not to sure wat would v6 but u got to remember if you supercharger u should do;

For $a new set of heads or have yours ported if oyu have D-ports for @ $750-$1300, a new intake system @ $1300, headers @ $500 and bolt on a Supercharger, $4000.(US)

Im guessing it would be cheaper to get a turbo r33 block or somethying like that

But im pretty sure u can get supercharger here in australia starting from $2,000 *cuz my mate was going to get his VR superchanger*

hmmm... yeah... i checked out that link above too... i'd say $6-10k all up with supporting mods etc ....

i'll stick with my current plan...

keep my current skyline for about 2 years and get a R34 GTR

not sure how long my car would last if i supercharged it anyway... like its already got 200000+ on the clock :)

http://craig.bpa.nu/photos/car/large/DSC00201.jpg

hmmm I digress...

Thanks anyway :)

http://www.procharger.com = Supercharger

this is just to give u an idea price on wat they cost in the US

they only do 1999-00 Honda Civic Si, 1994-01 Acura Integra GS-R, Type R, Nissan 350Z

Also More Power = More Money

meaning that the back-end (rear) will maybe not be able to hold all the power. So u will need to upgrand that and so on