SAU Community

Ceffy Handbrake (drum)

huddy

ok ok

this is the way i've done it...

Fitted up new URAS brake shoes which fit straight in.

unwound the handbrake level completely

put disc on hub (over shoes)

adjusted the little cog at the bottom both sides until wheels wouldnt turn, and then wound a little off

put wheels back on

lowered down

adjusted (tightened with 10mm) at handbrake lever (and again...and again)

still not 100% happy with my result - is this how everyone else has done it?

i'm going to take it all apart and start again tomorrow (needs to be ready for G1 drift SATURDAY!)

thanks.

-Matt

cables may be stretched... that or the pads are poo (i havent tried them personally so i cant comment but could be a possibility?)

have also been told getting sand paper and roughing up the surface on the inside of the rotor which the shoes grip to helps also

i took rims off both sides

both drums off

h/brake off

and just tightened em till i couldnt slide the drum back on,then backed it off til they slid on.

worked well for me,as u know after swappin slides at lala.

also thing ur cables are streched..... ur handbrake was very "rubbery"

Kisses Softy

well i think i've solved it

in the shed it feels insane - but have to test on the road i guess :S

i did all the same but wound the lever out HEAPS!!! this gave me a hell of a lot more adjustment at the hubs - it sort of just feels right now... fingers crossed - also blew out the dust with a compressor, and scuffed the shoes and inside of disc!

will post up results.

hey buddy

32 cables arent fine there to short I tried em when i did my five speed conversion ages ago hrmmmm well thats my two cents worth good luck man

Hi,

Im just about to do that conversion myself. Can you please tell me which hand brake cable can be used?

hi guys

well what i ended up doing is... i still used the 32 cables but had each of the two cables at the rear lengthened by an inch or so i cant really remember i got a place in dry creek adelaide to do it cost stuff all worked a treat :dry:

hi guys

well what i ended up doing is... i still used the 32 cables but had each of the two cables at the rear lengthened by an inch or so i cant really remember i got a place in dry creek adelaide to do it cost stuff all worked a treat ;)

ah i c.

Was that 32 4 door?