SAU Community

Help: Orange Light On Dash

series2r33

I got my car fitted with an apexi power fc and dyno tuned yesterday. When i went to pick it up the guy said that as soon as they put the apexi computer in this orange light in the top right corner of the dash came on. I aint sure what it is as i have no manual with the car cause its from japan. Its an orange picture with the word check through it. The car runs perfect and the guy said its something to do with the computer and the car not registering that item but it wont effect the car. His trying to find out about it cause he said its happened to the other skylines he's fitted apexi power fc too aswell, just wonder if anyone here has had, seen or heard of that happenin before and what the person done to get rid of that light. It aint effecting the car so i dont care that much but just dont want the light on the dash.

The car runs perfect and the guy said its something to do with the computer and the car not registering that item but it wont effect the car. His trying to find out about it cause he said its happened to the other skylines he's fitted apexi power fc too aswell,

change mechanics. obviously doesnt know wat his doing. if his TRYING to find out and saying its SOMETHING to do with so and so.

check light (correct if im wrong) would be detonation/pinging? as the power fc uses those lights as its warning sign.

Have you checked the fuses? Check the fuses to see if no fuses are blown. The fuse box underneath the steering coloumn.

The PFC is quite sensitive to blown fuses etc..

check light (correct if im wrong) would be detonation/pinging? as the power fc uses those lights as its warning sign.

Yea you are right if the engine light goes on when the car is running and operational.. means that one of the sensors are hitting its max value. Either pinging, afm, injectors and something else.

Have a read of the Apexi FAQ -> http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/...powerfc-faq.htm Awesome info!

Why does my engine light flash when I drive with the PowerFC?

The PowerFC uses the factory engine warning light to alert the user of "upper limit" or ceiling values in the engine systems. Things such as airflow meter max value, injector max duty, excessive knock will cause the engine warning to flash. Usually the engine flash is in a sequence of 3 flashes each 0.5 seconds apart. Should you experience this you should review the hand controller max values (press down when in monitor mode and displaying values to see the max values for each) and consult your tuner immediately. Excessively high knock can cause engine damage. Running on max injector duty can also be fatal so speak to your tuner. Aggressive tunes that are tuned around winter temps/airflow and being run hard in summer may cause these symptoms if the tune is very aggressive and on border line of maxing out the stock components. This is only hearsay but I have seen this from at least one or two members.

See Basic Hand Controller functions and use for information on how to isolate which warning is triggering the engine flash light

It was the place where i got it dyno tuned... that installed it. This is a pic of the light

post-28112-1160634482.jpg

Cars fine yeah, boosts 14 pound and awesome. He said it came on as soon as he plugged the apexi power fc in. Its a straight plug in. That light woulda came on for anyone

It was the place where i got it dyno tuned... that installed it. This is a pic of the light

post-28112-1160634482.jpg

Cars fine yeah, boosts 14 pound and awesome. He said it came on as soon as he plugged the apexi power fc in. Its a straight plug in. That light woulda came on for anyone

14PSI on stock turbo? WOW :teehee:

Check fuses me thinks

Check to see if the boost controller is enabled if it is turn it off if it is left on the ecu will think theres a boost controller there but it cant find one thats why the light is lite on your dash

well 13.9 boost is the highest it was at on the dyno but went to 14.1 that night cause it was cooler, 8 and 10 are the other boost settings.

I've heard everywhere 14 pound is fine on a stock turbo, not much higher though

Which fuses under the dash, engine bay?

Edited by series2r33

i got a e-boost 1 and its definatly on, lighting up and showing boost increase and stuff

errr.. The PowerFC Boost Controller Kit needs to be turned off if you are not using it.

The FAQ has all this info.

If you are not using the PowerFC boost controller kit make sure you disable this feature. Go to the "Etc" menu and choose "Function Select" and then choose "Boost Control Kit" and set the option to a Japanese character that looks like a plus sign. This will disable the PowerFC boost controller kit

Take it easy hey lol

Thanks heaps i rang up the guy and told him what u said bout the power fc's boost controller kit being left on and he said yeah but its not using that boost controller and i said yeah but is it still switched on cause u guys on the net reckon thats that'll be the reason the light is on. And he said yeah it might still be on, so im goin in there tomorrow and his gonna switch it of if its on.

Nothin is gonna happen meanwhile hey? just an orange light doin f**k all...

Im gettin him to do it cause i dont no how to do it myself as im new to using the power fc and the book that came with it is all in japanese.

$980 and a jap book or $1600 and an english book, I'll keep my $620 bucks thanks. no books worth that much lol

Also there are sites hosting the pfc manual, there must be, I got mine that way.....just can't remember where?

http://www.apexi-usa.com ?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfInstallation/13.pdf

Edit: Wait the above is only install manual. What Chris said Paul's site would have it all. http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/

• 2 weeks later...