SAU Community

Power Fc

Nic19

Hey guys i have just ordered a power fc for my power fc and am going to instal it but dont wanna fork out for the tune before i have my front pipe and metal cat.

so how safe is the stock tune on these for the ECR33 gtst?

cheers

i did 2000km on mine before getting it tuned, it was an RB30DET with a GT40 turbo though. it was running massively fat across the top end which i think saved it from pinging. it also mad a lot less chance of detonation due to the very free-flowing hotside so you might not be as safe on a stockish RB25DET. mine did amazingly well on the base map, even getting 400km to a tank of fuel. did 570km on a tank once when driving to bundaberg which i thought was pretty good.

got it tuned now and it was immediately much better. if you're in brisbane i can recommend john at mercury motorsports, he did a ripper of a job in a very short time for me.

i did 2000km on mine before getting it tuned, it was an RB30DET with a GT40 turbo though. it was running massively fat across the top end which i think saved it from pinging. it also mad a lot less chance of detonation due to the very free-flowing hotside so you might not be as safe on a stockish RB25DET. mine did amazingly well on the base map, even getting 400km to a tank of fuel. did 570km on a tank once when driving to bundaberg which i thought was pretty good.

got it tuned now and it was immediately much better. if you're in brisbane i can recommend john at mercury motorsports, he did a ripper of a job in a very short time for me.

fark off

that video is crazy!!!!!!!!

in:

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/...powerfc-faq.htm

section:

32. Can I drive around without it being tuned for a few days? Months? ?

You can drive the car around as you would normally but you should take care not to put stress on the engine. Basically don't fang around in it, as you could be running unsafe A/Fs etc and just causing more damaged. Best to get it tuned. Make sure you watch the knock levels if you do this to make sure there isn't excess detonation.