SAU Community

Vic: Meet / Cruise / Catch Up

humble

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo looking like the 26th then? Objections and location suggestions?

I am happy to go anywhere, I think we are pretty well spread out so no matter what, someone will have a longer drive than others.

I am happy with GOR as I live right on it and it is a magice drive but will go anywhere (within reason!)

If there are people with limited time that need to stay closer to Melbourne then lets do that, would be great to get to some nice spot with room so we can have a bit of a line photo op. So get your thinking hats on lads! There are a few nice car parky spots on the GOR that could work, all depends how far you want to cruise down as well.

Also timing, how commited are people, could we kick it off early and have some nice quiet roads or are the young boys likely to be playing up on a Saturday night so need to ease into Sunday? :rofl:

We've got 2 weeks to organise this, so don't think the 26th is ages away, it's coming right up!

Cheers

Luke

Alright it seems that the 26th is the preferred date. Shame that you will not be able to make it Justin….

So if all are happy the first thread will be updated.

Now as Luke said there is not much time left to organise this and we need to decide if we want to keep it round Melbourne or happy to venture out to GOR etc..

So date is set and we just need to get peoples opinions on destination. I personally don’t care as long here we go and am happy to have an early start…

There are some nice spots up dandy mountains way also….

Again if you have contacts of the member s that haven’t yet seen the thread let them know so we can get a nice group together….

cheers

Ian

Yep, got the car back friday, 26th is fine for me too!

GOR would be good, why not.

Good BBQ spots around there Munch? Waterfalls etc?

Early start would be best for me too on a Sunday. How about we have a pre-meet somewhere in Melbourne, say somewhere like the BP outbound on Princess Hwy at like, 10:30 (There is a massive carpark for trucks etc), then we cruise down to another meet point near Anglesea (So the Geelong and GOR boys can meet us there), then off to whereever for food, relaxing and chatting?

I've got a portable BBQ that I could bring, food, drinks etc not a worry in a wagon :happy:

Maybe make it all the way down to Lorne, then there is a road up to Colac from Lorne that isnt bad, unless Luke you suggest something different?

Sounds good Alex,

It is hard to go past Lorne for a good spot to stop off and if you don't head down that far then your not really on the GOR at all as far as I am concerned.

We could grab lunch there, a few take aways or a counter meal at the hotel, mostly around the $20 dollar mark so not cheap but nice. Happy to BBQ though if that is the favoured option?

Could head out the back as suggested or a short run up to Erskine Falls (might be a bit dry at the moment) there is a car park there in the bush (paved) that might be cool for a few photos (from memory). Then back along the GOR if that is preferred. It is a good road out the back towards Colac though and it will be a lot quieter than the ocean road, then on to the Cape Otway road to Winchelsea, then to Geelong, avoiding the main highway which is always a good move if you can manage it and the roads mentioned are all decent by Victorian standards... A few bumps though...

I'd probably meet up with all in Geelong on the way down as I am only 15min from Lorne so will make more of a drive of it for me.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Luke

Disposable income is the best ey :yes:

Counter meal is fine.

Luke, I am going to want to talk some business at the same time too, given that ill be down there anyway, if thats cool?

Yeah that is no problem Alex, I am sure you understand that when you have your own business you are always working! If it is a nice day the Beer garden (deck) is a nice place to eat and enjoy the view.

Cheers

if you want a GOR cruise l designed one some years ago with the Pulsar Group when l organised all the melb cruises.

Its a fair drive though, but def worth it.

I'm possibly only going to be able to make it to the last meet point before u head onto GOR, l've got a 21st the night before, and can imagine l won't be hugely up for driving all day!! :D

PGA_GOR_cruise.DOC

if you want a GOR cruise l designed one some years ago with the Pulsar Group when l organised all the melb cruises.

Its a fair drive though, but def worth it.

That is a long drive, not sure we need/want to go that far, what's everyone think? I know some are up for "anything" but I'm keen on seeing Stageas and owners more than anything and having a bit of a drive as well.

Luke

well im from the east so either way heading down the GOR is gonna be all day driving for me,

But yeah chatting to other stag owners and checking out other stags is main plan

Edited by FLYSLY