SAU Community

I Need Opinions

captinsane

My first mods were:

1 HKS intake pod

2 cat back pipe and big jap box (cheap but fun - saving for a Blitz or HKS system)

3 18" rims and Toyo Proxes

4 De-cat pipe

5 TurboSmart eBoost 2 (quality piece of Aussie kit!)

6 All day session in Dyno Dynamics Tuning Cell (another piece of Aussie goodness!)

result = completely different car. :)

give you an idea get rid of the RS4 and buy urself a cheap 260rs . LOL Kidding.

It alls boils down too how much are you willing to spend on the car. ASnd whats your target Kw that you want. It all depends on you.

But i think for starters like wat other guys said to me when i first joined the forum is full exhaust system and intake. then suspension then RB26 swap (ooppps!!) :miner:. It dpends on $$ you have too. i hope this will steer you in the right direction. you want the car to look and sounds loud? or look std? ETC

I still want it to sleep... LOL. Everyone up here wants me to get an R34 front conversion but i am not sold on it.. unless i hit a roo and need a replacement bar...

Amp for Stezza = first priority

Swaybars and castor adjustments are second priority after i took it up to port douglas on some beautiful roads up there...

then exhaust/

then management

and i'll work it out from there... it soon becomes apparent that one does not need to masterplan all of their intended modifications and stick to it.

...but hey...keep the opinions flowing...

• 2 weeks later...

OK...Moving this from the spam thread...

Ummm... Autronic ECU's...BRAD, I know you have one...

what are the dollaz on them...

I am thinking ECU's this week..and gleaning informatino for them... I couldn;t find any for sale on the NET...and there is a guy in CAIRNS who does tuning and installs i believe...

I emailed the local guy but am yet to recieve a reply from him... here's what i sent him

What is the going prices for the cost of an

a) Unit?

b) install (as I have mates who can help me do this seperately)?

c) tune using the Autotune feature?

d) conventional manual tune?

ALSO… which of the above two tuning options are going to produce the best value for money product?

I am also interested at weather or not any hardwiring will need to be done. I understand that the Stagea loom plug (if that’s what you call it) does not match those of either BNR33 or BNR34 skylines…so I am afraid that this will inevitably be the case as it has been with PFC’s and other replacement ECU’s. This will undoubtably influence the installation costs also…

Lastly…do you have any alternative recommendations for engine management?

My current tuning target is 250awkw, but I would be happy with something like 220awkw on the stock (R33 series 2) turbo on about 10pound boost or theirabouts.

The car is currently close to stock, although that will all change over the next few months – the extent depending on the availability of finances.

Autronic ECU's are around $3200 supplied, fitted and tuned. Thinking around $2300 for supply only. It is apparently a decent ecu for the auto rb25's, just expensive hence not a lot of ppl have used them previously.

do it like this

Intake

Turbo outlet

Downpipe

Catback (the labove three should be at the same time since its a PITA to find a lift sometimes)

Apexi SAFC or Power FC

Boost gauge

Apexi AVCR or other boost controller

FMIC

GTR injectors

GTR fuel pump

by then you will be out flowing the Stock RB Turbo

so go GT25xx turbo

350-400 HP normally or around there with good tuning

do it like this

Intake

Turbo outlet

Downpipe

Catback (the labove three should be at the same time since its a PITA to find a lift sometimes)

Apexi SAFC or Power FC

Boost gauge

Apexi AVCR or other boost controller

FMIC

GTR injectors

GTR fuel pump

by then you will be out flowing the Stock RB Turbo

so go GT25xx turbo

350-400 HP normally or around there with good tuning

You just missed one thing, Z32 or Q45 AFM as with a bit of boost, you will max out the stock one fairly quickly :laugh:

Looks like all I need is:

Z32 AFM

Bigger injectors

Tomei Pon Cams or HKS step 1 Cams

GT3076R

And 275-300awkw here I come, so who wants to buy my left nut to fund it? :laugh:

$3200 supplied, fitted and tuned.

thanks for the replies..will keep searching... looks like AUTRONIC is off the books..WOLF 3D V500 is less than that...

It's really tempting to just get a SAFC and AVCR (but then again, APEXI JAPAN just went bankrupt), but by the time you muck around with all that, you may as well ahve saved up for a few extra months and gottens something awesome...also, finding someone up here to tune ur car will be fun.. Mate has had some recent trouble with the bloke he reckons was the only reputable tuner for PFC's in town...so i ams freakin' if i let anyone near it ey. Screw trying to find someone who will do WOLF etc... and do it well.

and i know...other priorities first...but just researching and getting refferences...cheers.

Edited by captinsane

You just missed one thing, Z32 or Q45 AFM as with a bit of boost, you will max out the stock one fairly quickly :)

Looks like all I need is:

Z32 AFM

Bigger injectors

Tomei Pon Cams or HKS step 1 Cams

GT3076R

And 275-300awkw here I come, so who wants to buy my left nut to fund it? :)

You got me

i forgot about the MAF

i shoulda called it lol

i highly doubt the autronics can control the auto functions, neither the wolf v500, though NIB on these forums is a wolf guru and highly regarded tuner/distributor (in WA) for these units and send him a PM if u want any info on features and anything in general.

autronics i got i purchased about 5 years ago so i dont know what they are worth now, it was around $3500 back then and thats with a flying loom its called where u have to make your own from your factory harness by cutting off all the plugs and hooking up what needs to be hooked up.

it certainly makes the wiring alot neater with autronics loom as u lose all the aac valve plugs, and lots of others.