SAU Community

Targa Tas 07

PHaT MR30

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family friend of mine is racing this year, and his first time back since winning Targa out right.

http://www.targa.org.au/Competition/Crew%2...007/Sullens.php

Tony is sure to be quick again this year. This one is faster point to point than the S202... but needs to be considering the field has sped up again since then.

Tony is sure to be quick again this year. This one is faster point to point than the S202... but needs to be considering the field has sped up again since then.

He sure is a quick driver =) and top bloke =) always willing to offer advice on my skyline, i hope he goes well this year =)

Can anyone enlighten me a bit on the 3rd Party Compulsary Insurance for cars registered in QLD? Our car is still regoed in QLD and I believe we need to have this, but question is how? and how much?

For interest, I'm going to the info evening tonight for SunCoast Classic (the Noosa event). If anything interesting comes of it, I'll post tomorrow.

Cheers!

Would be keen to know if it is going ahead.... heard that interest is low. Nothing to do with the $7k up front and very little infromation I'm sure.

So while you are sucking P155 with the snobs up the north coast, poor blokes in Melbourne working till all hours getting the car ready. LOL

TT 984

Can anyone enlighten me a bit on the 3rd Party Compulsary Insurance for cars registered in QLD? Our car is still regoed in QLD and I believe we need to have this, but question is how? and how much?

Is it registered in Qld as normal car or is the log book from Qld. If registered, you have to get hold of - forget their name - but qld version of MAIB and get 3rd party extension to cover the vehicle in Tassy (Suncorp & others do the 3rd Party up there)

If no rego, to1-100 should be able to sort it and point you in the right direction

TT 984

Would be keen to know if it is going ahead.... heard that interest is low. Nothing to do with the $7k up front and very little infromation I'm sure.

So while you are sucking P155 with the snobs up the north coast, poor blokes in Melbourne working till all hours getting the car ready. LOL

TT 984

Yeh funny that, we want to do it but can't find any info out about it!

Is it registered in Qld as normal car or is the log book from Qld. If registered, you have to get hold of - forget their name - but qld version of MAIB and get 3rd party extension to cover the vehicle in Tassy (Suncorp & others do the 3rd Party up there)

If no rego, to1-100 should be able to sort it and point you in the right direction

TT 984

Its got full rego, better go see the broker at lunch and have a chat. I just wasn't sure if it was something you had to get added to your rego, or it was a separate policy you had to take out.

Haha Greg, surely your car is closer than ours!

TT 984

Well, hopefully tonight will help. It's a big ask to hand over 7 fat ones on a wing and a prayer!

I'm in the same boat, heard nothing about it at all, unbelievable when you consider it's not far off now.... apparently... haha, July or August I think????

And come on mate, you know I don't swill p155 like a pig at a trough! MUCH!!! lol :dry:

Just got an E-Mail to say the night stage has moved from the betanical gardens, to the dec. The night stage should be a great specticle for the spectators, the flame bletching cars will look great at night, and they're even setting up 2 super screens.

Just got an E-Mail to say the night stage has moved from the betanical gardens, to the dec. The night stage should be a great specticle for the spectators, the flame bletching cars will look great at night, and they're even setting up 2 super screens.

You got it Ben, will turn on the pop-bang-flame switch so we dont have to shred tyres for the publics grin factor.

Reccon the classics will be fast and the moderns slow...

TT 984

So, went to the meeting for Suncoast tarmac rally last night...... they asked that I encourage you all to come as they need numbers! Well of coarse they would, alot of sweat and tears has gone into organising it, and if it doesn't go ahead this year for whatever reason, lack of numbers or whatever, we'll probably never have a chance to see it come to fruition.

The organisers have had a multitude of issues to deal with, backward local councils being the main thing, and resistance from locals who are already tired of dealing with bikers smearing themselves over the roads on weekends who, maybe understandably, don't want more disruption.

So, to cut a long story short, the competetive kilometres has been reduced to approx 200, due to the fact that one entire days competition (unfortunately probably the best day by far), has been wiped due to said council issues.

So, now it's a 4 day event, including "prologue" day, although the prologue can now effectively alter the overall standings. You see, there is now 4 runs up the prologue course, the Nossa hillclimb, it's quite entertaining (as opposed to one), effectively making it a "regularity" points scoring day. The remaining 3 days are as per normal tarmac rallying.

The entry fee has been reduced by $500- to compensate.

I welcome your thoughts guys, but I reckon I don't need to be Einstein to know what you'll say.

Cheers, Ben.

You got it Ben, will turn on the pop-bang-flame switch so we dont have to shred tyres for the publics grin factor.

Reccon the classics will be fast and the moderns slow...

TT 984

reading the bulletin it appears you could put any old tyres on for the DEC stage as it Exhibition, provided marked tyres are back on by the start of the next leg.

PS has anyone still not got an engine built nor wired up, tuned or run in?

The HEAT is on! :dry:

yep the hunter block only just came back form the machinist, now juts need to decide if we go C2 or C3 class, dam it, we can't run our fuel injection in C3, and we are the only ones entered in C2, so i guess that's the hunter for the win.

3 weeks left, and sooooooooooo, much to do.

we already have a plate on the roll cage, just the regs have that extra bracket that goes over the front of the camera.

Was speaking to dad at lunch, we just found out that out clutch is rooted, so we're getting a new one, and the flywheel has to be machined, and the gearbox is being reco'd

Edited by sav man

we already have a plate on the roll cage, just the regs have that extra bracket that goes over the front of the camera.

Was speaking to dad at lunch, we just found out that out clutch is rooted, so we're getting a new one, and the flywheel has to be machined, and the gearbox is being reco'd

What sort of clutch you getting ben?

PS has anyone still not got an engine built nor wired up, tuned or run in?

The HEAT is on! :sick:

Ummm, I need to clean my race boots and polish my helmet still?

Your just making my headache worse ben! i reckon ill be doing that at scrutineering!