SAU Community

Aerial

phenline

hey guys i looked see if this has been covered before but i couldnt find anything how do i keep the aerial down? it is huge and unslightly i dont like it when it is up makes my car look like a R/C car!

thanks

hey guys i looked see if this has been covered before but i couldnt find anything how do i keep the aerial down? it is huge and unslightly i dont like it when it is up makes my car look like a R/C car!

thanks

LOL my r33 was fitted with a swith so i can flick it and the ariel does not extend.

I guess its a simple break the right circuit and add a switch job. Any auto elec should be able to do something fairly cheap.

thanks

Your best option is to take out your head unit and get the trigger wire that gives power to the aerial and chop it, put a switch with a relay between the trigger wire from the head unit to the aerial wire and hide your switch somewhere, that way if you need the aerial just flick the switch and if you dont then leave it completely down... now you've given me an idea i'm going to give it a try lol

Your best option is to take out your head unit and get the trigger wire that gives power to the aerial and chop it, put a switch with a relay between the trigger wire from the head unit to the aerial wire and hide your switch somewhere, that way if you need the aerial just flick the switch and if you dont then leave it completely down... now you've given me an idea i'm going to give it a try lol

haha i have given you an idea, yer it is just that the aerial is sooo huge it is tall as me wen it is out and just looks comical. I have never taken the head unit out the audio shop did that for me so i dont have a clue about getting inbehind the unit. Any pointers or instructions on getting inbehind there? iam also not full wack on the electrical side of things and would hate for something to go wrong while iam making switch and what have you. So could i simply just disconnect the aerial, i mean who listens to the radio :laugh:

LoL, your best bet would be to get in behind where the actual aerial is in the boot cos it could get a bit messy if your unsure. Just take off the panels in the boot wich would be more easier to access than the head unit, and unplug the aerial :laugh: but only unplug the plug going into the aerial not the antenna cable cos it'll still go up lol.