SAU Community

New Bloke Saying Hello

j_ priseman

Hey guys my brother and i bought this dr30 from queensland in october last year, had to put a new master cylinder in it so at that time i also slapped a hydraulic handbrake in it, the turbo was also rooted so i bought a to4b .60 and 1.15 rear housing, made 179rwks on 11psi but wasn't making any decent boost till well over 4000rpm, so after my first outing in the car it was sold,

I have now just finished putting a stock manifold back on with a rb20det t3. its not going to be a power house but i needed the response back on the cheap so this was the way i did it,

First time drifting i had a shit of a time in it, this time out it should be awesome i have adjustable castor, alot more steering lock and a responsive engine, I also had to change the diff over to a 260z one as i couldn't track one down at all so a few little mods were required to make that fit but all good now.

Any way i'll stop rambling and show some pics

post-10063-1172187661.jpg

post-10063-1172187696.jpg

post-10063-1172187727.jpg

Welcome from a fellow DR30 owner. That car has certainly done the rounds since its appearance in HPI 18 months ago!

I hope everything runs a bit smoother for you from now on.

cheers

Steve

1984 DR30 RS Turbo Coupe

Welcome from a fellow DR30 owner. That car has certainly done the rounds since its appearance in HPI 18 months ago!

I hope everything runs a bit smoother for you from now on.

cheers

Steve

1984 DR30 RS Turbo Coupe

mother of god dude, the rb20det turbo is smaller than the factory fj20det. The closest match to a factory one is a vg30 unit. The rb turbo wont be making any kind of power and will run out of puff quick.

looks good tho :)

The lag problem with your other turbo is having the excessivly large exhasut housing, you only need a .69 for the kind of power most people need. anything over 1.0ar is 800+hp

mother of god dude, the rb20det turbo is smaller than the factory fj20det. The closest match to a factory one is a vg30 unit. The rb turbo wont be making any kind of power and will run out of puff quick.

looks good tho :(

The lag problem with your other turbo is having the excessivly large exhasut housing, you only need a .69 for the kind of power most people need. anything over 1.0ar is 800+hp

i think what he was saying is he put the RB20 turbo on it because it spooled up faster and reached high boost alot quicker which would make it better for drifting corect me if im wrong

Cheers josh

yeah as above but i also put it on cause a friend had it lying around and was easily accesable, But definatly not aiming for mega power, more a keep the car going and on the track turbo until i decide what i am going to do in regards to a bigger one, all good.

rb20s are stil making 170 or there abouts with boost increase's and aftermarket ecus, this has 550cc injectors and a microtech so i would be aiming around that.

yeah as above but i also put it on cause a friend had it lying around and was easily accesable, But definatly not aiming for mega power, more a keep the car going and on the track turbo until i decide what i am going to do in regards to a bigger one, all good.

rb20s are stil making 170 or there abouts with boost increase's and aftermarket ecus, this has 550cc injectors and a microtech so i would be aiming around that.

remember rb20s maybe making that kind of power but thats on a 6cy.. not a 4cy, you would still have similar boost response with a vg30et turbo. and a hell of alot better mid rance and top end.