SAU Community

Im Fscking Irate

Spook's_Skyline

after getting my car cleaned during the week (get it done quarterly now)

and then spending today waxing and finishing the job off

ive driven to a wedding, come back to the car to find f**kING WHITE PAINT all down one side of the car and my front left and rear left wheel

covered in paint

the wheel arches are totally white (my baby is blue with sparkles) and then theres large globs of paint flicked all down the side of front and rear door

i sure as hell didnt drive through no paint puddles, so i can only imagine its fresh line markings somewhere between holland park and suncorp statium (well the church on the hill above it anyway) via the freeway

I f**kING HOPE MAIN ROADS ARE GOING TO PAY TO FIX MY f**kING PAINT JOB

i just came home from the wedding and have spent the last half hour with metho cleaning and recleaning the affected side of the car

signed

slightly upset spook

Edited by Spook's_Skyline

Shouldn't clean it just yet..take pics first. Then get a quote for a respray and send it along to BCC for a claim see what they say. I've heard of ppl running over potholes, damaging their wheels and got compensated by the council.

after getting my car cleaned during the week (get it done quarterly now)

and then spending today waxing and finishing the job off

ive driven to a wedding, come back to the car to find f**kING WHITE PAINT all down one side of the car and my front left and rear left wheel

covered in paint

the wheel arches are totally white (my baby is blue with sparkles) and then theres large globs of paint flicked all down the side of front and rear door

i sure as hell didnt drive through no paint puddles, so i can only imagine its fresh line markings somewhere between holland park and suncorp statium (well the church on the hill above it anyway) via the freeway

I f**kING HOPE MAIN ROADS ARE GOING TO PAY TO FIX MY f**kING PAINT JOB

i just came home from the wedding and have spent the last half hour with metho cleaning and recleaning the affected side of the car

signed

slightly upset spook

Bugger mate thats some bad luck right there :(

Shouldn't clean it just yet..take pics first. Then get a quote for a respray and send it along to BCC for a claim see what they say. I've heard of ppl running over potholes, damaging their wheels and got compensated by the council.

this happened to me a while back.

hit a pot hole, stuffed up the right hand drivers side suspension.

brought a 2nd hand strut and that, had someone install it and then sent the invoices and bills onto BCC to reinburst me for the cost along with some photos of the pot hole.

2wks later a cheque was sent out to me.

cleaned most of the paint off (except the inner wheel arches where its coated THICK)

just took a heap of pix and will have a closer look in daylight and will examine teh damage

im hoping most of the paint has been cleaned off yesterday

cleaned most of the paint off (except the inner wheel arches where its coated THICK)

just took a heap of pix and will have a closer look in daylight and will examine teh damage

im hoping most of the paint has been cleaned off yesterday

Backtrack your route and see if you can find the offending section of road spooky. Take some pics and do as toy did. I cant believe they didnt have a wet paint section cordoned off.

brought a 2nd hand strut and that, had someone install it and then sent the invoices and bills onto BCC to reinburst me for the cost along with some photos of the pot hole.

and on the flipside, they flat out refused to fix damage to my vehicle caused by a pothole, citing legal precedents that they don't have to pay etc

Backtrack your route and see if you can find the offending section of road spooky. Take some pics and do as toy did. I cant believe they didnt have a wet paint section cordoned off.

real clever man, he'll get paint on his car again

Edited by geeteaess_turbo

I hit a pot hole in ipswich. It was an existing pothole which had been repaired, but the repair bitumen had slid away making another pot hole before the existing covered up one. Anyways, i buckled my 17" mag on my bluey after not seeing the hole and being unable to swerve around it at the last second. I took photos of the pothole and road and had my mag sent away to be repaired. I filled out a compensation claim form to have the $125 to be repaid to me for the cost of the mag repair. I received a letter from one of the councillors saying they refused my claim as it was the road that simply had another pot hole and not the repaired part which had done the damage.

Not too mention the bloody councillor then had the nerve to send me a christmas card a few months later...

damn, that sux... i hate the roads here they really kill your coilovers after a while!!.. and damn bumps and dips in the road.. gota drive so slow to see these things these days.... :wave:

wish i heard more good stories about being refunded be the council :pirate: