SAU Community

Turbotech Turbo's

iz32

Im now onto my 3rd rebuild within 4 months, the bearing pack has shat itself again.

has anyone else had dramas with turbotech?? i really dont wanna take it back to them and trying to get a warranty job out of them is like sucking blood from a stone

maybe if i take it up with garrett australia and tell em their bearing packs are shit...i may have some luck with warranty

they actually came recommended by a few people but seriously 3 rebuilds in 4 months??? :wave:

is there anyone else i can take it to? united fuel injection came up but i havent heard about them before.

hey zad,

the one im using at the moment is a turbo tech highflow and as you know works quite well.... touch wood.

My understanding is that it should have a warranty or something if it has just been rebuilt, it really is duty of care of a business to ensure that a faulty product has not been sold.

I suggest giving them a call, also ensure that your not boosting your turbo to high... like something stupid like 22psi.......not that you would ever do that but just stating the obvious.

but whats the point of having a turbo if it cant handle 22psi.......?? :wave::pirate:

seriously tho dan it should be able to take high boost being a hks/garrett wheeled ball bearing.... well you'd think so.

the new engine is nice too btw..tight as and drives heaps better..... shame bout the turbo now!

but whats the point of having a turbo if it cant handle 22psi.......?? :pirate::D

seriously tho dan it should be able to take high boost being a hks/garrett wheeled ball bearing.... well you'd think so.

the new engine is nice too btw..tight as and drives heaps better..... shame bout the turbo now!

I doubt Garret/hks will offer warranty at 22psi , thats like asking my dealer to still offer warranty at a 340 rwhp engine and the lcutch/gearbox goes.

Kinda like ford with the xr6 turbo, you winda up the turbo you lose warranty on the turbo.

Even though hypothetically it maybe able to handle that it dont mean it is safe to run it at that hence the bearings etc, imagine how it wouuld be if you DID actually run it at higher PSI!!!

glad to hear the engine is going nice, so when does the rebuild of the old one start..... i wanna come check it out.... 40thou overbore, cams, 2.8litre stroker kit on a rb20 ahahh theres gotta be one out there :wave:

depends on what model garrett it is, eg, my gt30, is most efficient at 1.5 bar, which is some 22-23 psi, so you'll find they do offer warranty if the turbo is meant to be working around those pressures...

glad to hear the engine is going nice, so when does the rebuild of the old one start..... i wanna come check it out.... 40thou overbore, cams, 2.8litre stroker kit on a rb20 ahahh theres gotta be one out there :)

hahaha... 2.8L from an RB20... dont think so :)

denver: Its a GT2530 and the rb20 was loving the 22psi. buggered if i know where its most efficient.

anyways after thinking bout this a little more, its probably had some crud go thru the bearings from the engine swap! shame tho as it was loving the high pressure.

just makes me cry, with all the money spent on this snail i could of had a brand spanker with ext gate.... who's to say that wouldnt fail in the same way these ones had....

and as far as warranty goes there is a big fat stamp on invoice saying "use of this product is the responsibility of the purchaser/consumer in all non vehicle specific applications"

ie: get farked! :dry::)

had a highflow t3 rebuilt a year back that packed up in less than a week of driving. Was stripped again and Turbotech acknowledged it was their human error and rebuilt it again for nothing

going strong now

get a sliding performance highflow,got one about 1 month ago,putting it on next week,looks hell nice,nice big exhaust wheel.rated at 260 kw at the wheels,which is about 350hp at the wheels.can ran 19psi,just over one grand,costs less if you send the turbo on a exchange basis.the thread is in the business trader section if you want to know more.

never dealt with turbo tech but united fuel rebuilt my to4/60 last year after ATS in oconnor stuffed it up 3 times.

steve at united helped me out heaps and did a great job.

johnny

ATS dont want anything to do with a bearing turbo rebuild after hearing my story heh.

get a sliding performance highflow,got one about 1 month ago,putting it on next week,looks hell nice,nice big exhaust wheel.rated at 260 kw at the wheels,which is about 350hp at the wheels.can ran 19psi,just over one grand,costs less if you send the turbo on a exchange basis.the thread is in the business trader section if you want to know more.

they sound good but I already have all the lines and fittings for this one and i kinda wanna stick with the hks item as i really like the power delivery....

im giving it one more go with a rebuild this week..... might try per4manz this time. he has given me a very good price and came recommended by a local tuning shop nearby.

opinions anyone?

if this one fails i might go for the gcg or just get a brand new garrett unit of some description something big and laggy!

maby one of ur oil lines are f**ked goign into the turbo for it to fail that many times

that was my theory ay, and i have check the fittings and lines a million times.... definate oil flow.

p.s can someone tell me how to reply with quotes from multiple people, instead of one by one :laugh: