SAU Community

Damn Cops!

steveyea

Hi guys, not sure where to post this so sorry if in wrong place. where the best place to get a engineer certificate??? and ruffy how much?

im in sydney

go to rta website, type in engineers - gives u a list of engineering signiatories. took mine to mobility engineering in hornsby. how much depends on what u want engineered. most places charge $500 and up. the main thing they want to see is that it passes noise and emission test - exhaust below 90db, needs to be tested by EPA, in botany. i had a 5 inch tacho installed on passenger side dash which had to be removed for safety reasons. basically the car needs to be safe and pass adr legislation

hope that helps

thanks heaps guys!!!!! got hassled by cops for HKS SSQ BOV.... and intercooler.... and apexi filter......and exhaust.... blah blah blah!!!! $128 warning!!!!! he said fix them. in my mind... GET f**kED! i lov my car!!!! hehehehehhehe

Thats a pain in the ass. Does anyone know what legal mods you can do to ur line, if any?

This is for Vic, each state will have their own legislation though. Try the web, search EPA websites. Also you can look at the dotars website for ADR's etc.

EPA_Guidelines.pdf

shit, n i thought we had it bad in perth with all the antyhoon laws that they take the car away just for a little burn out or "slip".

lots of times if u take the car to a diffrent pit with more felixi engineers n talk to them nicly they will not ask for engneer papers for smal mods like u mentioned anyways.. well thats the case in perth. the only two times we had to get one of them was with a fully rebult n turboed honda type R and a gtir/SSS convergen .. but that is cuz usualy when we take the car to the pits here we make sure we take off all extra little things n boost them down a little, put a silencer in them and take the blow off out.. if the work on the car dont look home made n there is nothing moving, leacking or sounding too bad then they are usualy ok with it provided u get a nice person.. it might be worth ur time trying in a cuple of diffrent places b4 u look for engineering cert with small mods like that..

good luck

i getting my vl done at the moment in sydney. it's costing me $1100 but thats for everything done to the car and at the inspection had 7 things i had to do to meet the requirements. Sucks but i have to do it to even get rego!!

thanks heaps guys!!!!! got hassled by cops for HKS SSQ BOV.... and intercooler.... and apexi filter......and exhaust.... blah blah blah!!!! $128 warning!!!!! he said fix them. in my mind... GET f**kED! i lov my car!!!! hehehehehhehe

BOV and filter are illegal, exhaust will have to be shut up to make it comply, good luck

PS they really are in some ways trying to help, as the BOV will decrease your fuel ecomomy and make the emissions heaps worse.

• 2 weeks later...
BOV and filter are illegal, exhaust will have to be shut up to make it comply, good luck

PS they really are in some ways trying to help, as the BOV will decrease your fuel ecomomy and make the emissions heaps worse.

i was told by my mechanic that if your BOV is 'plump back' as a pose to 'vent to atmosphere' it's perfectly legal. And that pod filters can be made legal if there are boxed on all six sides. I could be wrong though