SAU Community

Unable To Get Indicators Working At All.

S1R33

Hi there, i recently had a problem with my indicators not working, the fuse blew so i replaced the fuse and all was well, although i had to use a slightly larger fuse because i didn't have one with the same amp rating.

The indicators stopped working again, then i checked all the fuses ok. I replaced the 3 pin idicator flasher thingy (under the steering column) but they still don't work. Now the thing that has got me stumped, all the indicators flash fine with my alarm no worries but not with the indicators and the hazard doesn't work either.

hmmm thats pretty weird... my first thought was that you may have burnt out a wire... but thats unlikely...

have you checked all 3 lots of fuses? boot, drivers seat and engine bay?

sounds like you lost a signal from the dash... cause the alarm would use its own...

Hi there, i recently had a problem with my indicators not working, the fuse blew so i replaced the fuse and all was well, although i had to use a slightly larger fuse because i didn't have one with the same amp rating.

The indicators stopped working again, then i checked all the fuses ok. I replaced the 3 pin idicator flasher thingy (under the steering column) but they still don't work. Now the thing that has got me stumped, all the indicators flash fine with my alarm no worries but not with the indicators and the hazard doesn't work either.

Sounds like the connector at the back of your hazard light button isnt making contact or has fallen out. your indicator runs through that button before it heads to the indicators them selves, hence why neither indicator stalk or hazard button work. When you have remote central locking put in its brain is talking to the indicators earlier in the chain and thats why it does still work. Tis very easy to get the dash off and have a look. There is a post in the DIY section that has pretty pictures to go along with it.

I have the same problem, only I have only lost my right turn signal, which has stopped my hazards from working. What happens is as soon as I hit the right signal it blows a fuse and this box under the dash that says "Niles" on it startes buzzing loudly until it is turned off. This just started randomly happening recently, when I went to start he car one morning actually. any ideas on this as well? thank you