SAU Community

Youtube Sdma Hillclimb

I've had yet another great day at the track and I managed to come home with three trophies :yes: and hubby received one.

Take a lap with me in the GTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoaVam3rqMo

Thank you to the SAU'ers who came to say hi today, it was great to catch up and meet some more people :blink:

PS I tried the camera strapped to the seat, it vibrated too badly, so I youtubed the helmet cam version again. Managed to stop the clunking noise - I attached some gaff tape to the batteries as they were clunking in the housing, ever so slightly, but enough to cause a loud clunk.

Edited by LadyBytes

There were three GTR's entered in the SV category and they came 1st, 2nd and 3rd - Mark (hubby), Dereck and meeeeeee, then followed (if I remember rightly) an EVO 6? a WRX and I thought there was another. Apart from the first three, I can't remember the order of the rest of the category.

I came third in the Type 1/2 over 3001cc category with the GTST and then Fastest Lady. IT WAS FUN!

When they release the results I'll post in more detail. I had around 3-4 PB's today, even with the GTST so I'm happy as a pig in mud atm.

Edited by LadyBytes

There were three GTR's entered in the SV category and they came 1st, 2nd and 3rd - Mark (hubby), Dereck and meeeeeee, then followed (if I remember rightly) an EVO 6? a WRX

If there's a small car track you've just done it. Surprised the EVO didn't win it. Congrats

Edited by a20089

Cool man. I'm gonna enter mine next time.

Next Hillclimb is Saturday 01 September (Saturdays are not common).

Helpful stuff

Memberships are due this time of the year... so if you join, you get to June 2008. You can download the Entry Forms and Supp Regs from the website and pay online/direct deposit into their bank account. You can join CAMS on the day at the club (confirm this is still possible with the secretary). Entries should be paid and emailed in before the day (usually Wed/Thur before the event) or cost $20 more and risk missing out if they have a full field.

http://www.sdmahillclimb.com/

You need - Approved helmet, 100% cotton clothing from ankles to neck/wrists, small fire extinguisher with metal bracket (on sale at Super Cheap atm for $19), blue triangle to identify battery location i.e on bonnet, a piece of gaff over the positive terminal on your battery.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Not much required for a fun time.

I'm here to help if anyone has any questions.

Cheers

Michele

It was nice to meet you Michele, Mark & Derek.

Some photos for you to enjoy (Let me know if you need high-res photos, I'll email them to you):

n694922066_110546_1525.jpg

n694922066_110547_1769.jpg

n694922066_110550_2544.jpg

n694922066_110536_9285.jpg

n694922066_110537_9505.jpg

n694922066_110530_7907.jpg

n694922066_110528_7433.jpg

n694922066_110548_2023.jpg

n694922066_110545_1293.jpg

n694922066_110527_7195.jpg

n694922066_110535_9053.jpg

Anthony they are great photos. The motion/movement backgrounds came out well. I'd love a hi-res copy if its not too much trouble.

It was terrific to catch up with you today, we look forward to seeing you at the next climb :yes:

hacvng fanged my datto around that track quite a few times bring back memories watching that vid.

last corner on the bottem of the hill makes MAD sideways :D

it really is a small car track but even more suited to small cars is the wakefield hillclimb track. you HAVE to have awesome suspension to do any good on it.

hacvng fanged my datto around that track quite a few times bring back memories watching that vid.

last corner on the bottem of the hill makes MAD sideways :D

it really is a small car track but even more suited to small cars is the wakefield hillclimb track. you HAVE to have awesome suspension to do any good on it.

The Wakefield hillclimb track is sooo tight its almost no fun at all LOL good for karts i imagine.

I had an absolute ball yesterday at Fairbairn - is there a cure for motorsport addiction? If so... is it called bankruptcy?

The 2nd photo of the gtr is mad

How do u make the car in focus but the ground like it moving

Follow the car with your camera while taking the photo, in shutter priority mode.