SAU Community

200zr?

msnismo

Hey all,

I just managed to get my hands on a 87 200ZR Fairlady.... There are few things that I want to do to it and I need an idea as to what other cars I can get body parts etc off... There isn't alot of info out there on these!

Engine is easy - RB20DET.. eventually it will be RB25 or RB26 :P

Gearbox - also R32

Drive train??? Possibly R32 tailshaft? It runs the R200 diff and thats in good nick so Im not concerned about that!

Body...hmmm... its classed as a Z31 so I am hoping Z31 300ZX... Dave (T04GTR) mentioned that DR30 are interchangable as well.... does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,

Anna

• 4 months later...

Heya

Ive got a Nissan 200ZR (87) as well. Its the same body as tha Aussie delivered Series 3 300ZX (commonly called the Californian). Trying to get hold of as many people with same cars to help with parts too. Been trying to locate front parkers (as mine are Amber) that are clear/amber from S3 300zx. Drivetrain is pretty easy to source parts for. A lot of Skyline gear is Interchangable. Drop me a PM if you need some parts. Will try keep look at for them and hopefully you can do same.

cheers

Not a Z31 but I im looking at putting a SR20DET in a 280z :/ but going to be in the same boat as you for parts lol if you find a good parts bin for these age cars drop me a pm

• 1 month later...

Yeah the 200ZR is a fantastic little car, good to see another one out there. If you want any info about them, I know a fair bit about the RB20 redtops, and the Z31/R31 series in general (as heaps of parts are interchangable between the two) also have owned pretty much all the variants of the Z31/R31 series at some stage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• And yes would be going to tomei Japan for sure as it’s closer to me … 
    • Yeah I heard the same. Might be hard to order one. But then I guess can go to hks or go to a more expensive n1 block with tomei. Guess will jump the hurdle once I get there next upgrade around. I can’t get work done in the states as the lead time will take for ever on top of shipping to Hong Kong. 
    • https://www.platinumracingproducts.com/en-us/products/nissan-rb26-cast-blocks This is the solution I was thinking of. I would stay away from Tomei USA, their quality is a question mark to me. If you want an engine machined in the US contact Club DSPORT: https://clubdsport.com/ Tomei JP is probably fine but I recall they stopped doing pre-assembled short or long blocks. In general it's pretty tough to get any kind of RB26 block at the moment with Nissan so severely backordered.
    • PAR specifically offers stock ratios in their gearset and you could do whatever ratios are physically possible supposedly for no extra cost. I agree 6 ratios is better than 5, the factory 2nd gear is equivalent to the Getrag 2nd gear if you account for the differing final drive ratio though. The Getrag 3rd gear with a 3.916 final drive is equivalent to a 1.6 2nd gear in the FS5R30A. I'm about to swap the transmission out on my car, I'm tempted to send the one I have now out for rebuild with the standard "cross ratio" gearsets out there to see if it really makes such a big difference the next time I pull the transmission.
    • This is what I was looking at next:  https://www.z1motorsports.com/engines/tomei/tomei-rb26-28l-short-block-assemblies-p-45479.html as we can’t bore the cylinders out in hk so better just buy the whole lot in one and install then retune. Everyone saying the weak link are the bolts holding the rods together. I already did valve springs, arp head bolts, hks racing coils, nismo fuel pumps and pressure regulators, injectors etc for the top of the engine.