SAU Community

help with FMIC purchase plz..

i have a friend of mine that has a r32 gts-t with

* 3" exhaust turbo back

* Apexi air filter

* Greddy Profec-B EBC

* something that lets the car rev past 8500rpm

* fuel pump <-- i was told HKS one, real loud

anyways, he is ready to buy a FMIC kit, but just doesnt know which one to buy? hes going for a japanese brand, e.g trust, blitz, hks..

which FMIC kit should he get??

he was close to buying the 'Blitz LM' series intercooler, but he was told that the piping is only half way.

he plans to to get about 200-250kw@wheels in future..

so please give some inputs

thanks!

• 3 months later...

I dont know why your friend needs to buy a jap brand cooler.

If one came up at a good price, then I would say go for it, but if you are buying new - the exra expense isnt necessary.

I have a hybrid, it works very well. It costs alot less than a jap cooler, and if it didnt work well it wouldnt be on.

but hey, if he (your friend) wants to spend extra money, that could be put to good use elsewhere, its his call I suppose.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with Jap coolers, they are excellent products.

jnr24 what do you mean save money? I just checked out that site and the kits on ARE for skylines start at $2K? (or do they include labour?) You can get Blitz LM kits for $1650 retail, and I can get Trust/Greddy R-SPL kit from importer for less than $2K. (at least in Adelaide the prices are like this, not sure why it would be more elsewhere though).

They are just tubes and fine with tanks on the end.

Maybe their final finishes may look a tad better, they arent going to cool the air any better. They are just aluminium heat exchanges one made locally will do the EXACT same job as one from japan. And besides you hide the intercoolers behind the front bar. How many people come up and sus out the quality of your cooler??

not directed at anyone...

thats cool jnr24, its not our money anyway. as for labour, i plan to do mine myself - i think the only tricky bit is finding a tool to cut the hole for the return pipe.

true they are doing the same job, ie cooling air, but at what cost? efficiency of the intercooler does matter, but i suppose that depends on what level of tuning your are aiming at - kinda like buying premium speakers and running them on stock wiring. i tend to be an idiot and buy the more expensive stuff just in case. :P