SAU Community

Tail Lights & Dash Lights - Not Working

kayboom

Hi Guys,

I installed a new CD player in my car and my tail lights and dash lights now do not work, i am unsure what has happened.

I checked all fuses and they are fine (pulled each one out).

Also removed my CD Player cutting all the wires to ensure it would cover that.

Auto electricians have told me that it is related to installing the new cd player, since i have removed the cd player i thought it would now work.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

if someone is close by to me i will pay to get it fixed.

Gold coast Area

could be that you have un-done a screw that had an earth lug on it and have forgotten to re earth the circut.

in my experience its normally something silly like that, have a good look around for any wires that are just hanging around not connected to anything, typically black or black stripe for earth but not always.

definately a fuse dude

one of the fuses in the engine bay (from memory)

you've most likely earthed you head unit to your parkers wire (used to dim the headunit when ur parkers are switched on)

so earth it sumewhere else or every time you change the fuse it will go bang soon as you flick the parkers on. :P

I have cheked all fuses etc, you may be right about an earth wire but its strange cause in the 33's u get a standard loom plug with the standard head unit, when i bought my car it had a non standard cd player in it but same loom plug just with wires plugged into the correct loom spots, i just ran off these wires and the new head unit worked straight away.

I am stumped, its in the shop now getting it fixed ill see what the outcome is.

Getting pulled over again would not be fun cause my car is so friggen low n dont really want cops noticing i have no tail lights :'(

Cheers for all help provided!

I had the lights fixed, they said it was something under the dash..

i put my cd player back in n f**ked it up again!!!!

pulled it out again n now its back at stage 1

HELPPPPP

im thinking of selling this POS