SAU Community

Please help

JT

Today I serviced my car(r33 skyline gtst manual) and cleaned the throttle body. I also took off the black thing connected to it, thinking it was a sensor. Unfortunately it wasnt.

I also disconnected the battery and preessed the break a few time to reset the ecu. I am not sure if it resetted how wouldI know?

ASince taking off the black thing Is it for idle or is it for air/ fuel mixture? Anyway my car use to idle at around 700 and now it's 800. How do I get it back to 700rpm. Is it the black idle thing or ecu reset?

I tried adjust the idle with the black thing. but it was no good.

Please help.

If you have disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes then you have reset the ECU.

If yours is an average car and it was previously owned by an average driver , then resetting it won't make any real difference as it will reset pretty much as before. 800 is a pretty normal idle

If the car has been driven fairly conservatively since last ECU reset then the settings will be conservative. So if you reset it and immediately take it out for a good thrash the ECU will "learn" the more aggressive driving style and reset settings to suit.

The black thing has slotted screw holes. make sure you got it back in exactly the same position....the screwheads should have marked it. fractions of an inch are important in this adjustment.

i think a way to tell if the reset has been done is that all the things like aircon setting go back to default ... and the time ... i'm not totally sure though ... well thats what happens when i get a dead battery ..