SAU Community

Safc Tune

DECIM8

We'll I got my safc installed and tuned (on road - private no doubt) and cost me $200.

I went out to reinstall the unit again today, re route the wires etc and decide to check the settings incase I pull anything out. So away I got and my Safc neo shows the first 8 tuning points in 1000rpm increments. Im like :rofl:

So I've basically paid $200 for a tune that works but is not the full extent. Do you guys think its fair to ask the tuner to retune all 16 or 18 increments? I always figured that what your paying for. $200 to sit in my car and watch the air flow is great but you could have tuned all my points.

So because I'm rather angry and frustrated Id like to ask people what they think on the subject?

Also like to concur with people these settings.

Model Select - OFF

Sode Select - EASY

Car Select - Cyl: 6 Thr: /

Sensor Select - Type: Hotwire ???

Number: In: 1 Out 1

Calc In: 1 Out : 1 <-------- WTF are these and is this right?

Air Map

1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000

Hi Throttle +3 +2 -1 -2 -4 -5 -7 -8

Lo Throttle -3 -3 -3 -2 -2 -2 -2 -2

Throttle Point : Lo Throttle 5% Hi Throttle 45%

Do those settings seem right guys? People with S-afc Neos can you check what you guys had?

Umm mate you got ripped hard.

I live in Tasmania, the land of incompetent expensive dyno tuners and my mate got his SAFC tuned for $100 and it looked a lot more extensive than that. He also has an R34 GTT!

He had 12 points being a SAFC II not NEO but this is basically what hes looked like.

1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 4000 4500 5000 5500 6000 6500 7000

Hi Throttle +3 +12 +15 +15 +8 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +5

I can't remember low throttle but it was basically the same but leaner.

This obviously depends on the car, fuel ect.

I really dont know why he is making the car run richer.. that sounds really stupid because these cars run around 11AFR with stock tune which is way too rich.

He basically got just over 12AFR all the way except a little leaner before boost.

I would be requesting to see a graph of the AFRs before I accept a tune as finished.

Ummm.. calc in 1 out 1.... I dont think thats right I thought it was suppose to be in 4 out 4.. look in your SAFC manual.

Edited by Finny

Hotwire refers to the factory 02 sensor.

nope, hotwire is the kind of afm it is.

DECIM8, maybe the turner was unaware of the "PRO" tuning mode with the 16 steps. the settings NUMBER IN 1 and OUT 1 is wrong, should be 4 and 4 (except GTR, 3 and 3). SENSOR CALC (calc in) is right, 1 and 1. or single and single

model select is off unless you have VVT and wish to use the neo to adjust the VVT (leave OFF)

and mode select you have it set to easy, or 8 step tune mode. select PRO in this menu and you get the 16 steps to tune.

Just checked was on 4 .. my mistake ;)

Still does not excuse the whole 8 point fiasco

If I set it in pro mode and used the same figures as he has excluding the RPMs he missed in easy mode would the car run just the same as if in easy mode? until I go to another tuner and ask him to retune it - this time ill dyno it.

would that work?

Edited by DECIM8

Just checked was on 4 .. my mistake ;)

Still does not excuse the whole 8 point fiasco

If I set it in pro mode and used the same figures as he has excluding the RPMs he missed in easy mode would the car run just the same as if in easy mode? until I go to another tuner and ask him to retune it - this time ill dyno it.

would that work?

i'd take it back and say they didn't do the tune properly.

make sure you write the tune down because i'm sure by swaping between easy and pro modes it clears the map, then check your throttle points and other settings aswell (just to be sure). then you can just re-enter the tune, but you will have to fill in the gaps, other wise you map will be up and down.

Edited by QWK32

Alright Points taken, thanks a million guys - in particular QWK32. I'm going to get him to tune all 16 points if he will, not that hes prob done much of a good job. and then take it to get dyno touched up.

Lets hope he is up for it.

Sorry guys I accidentily put + rather than -

thing is I have sen a fair few stock dyno graphs and ussually the stock tune richens to like 11:1 AFR after about 5000rpm which is way too rich, I think 12:1 would be much better thats why I am saying I can't see why he would be richening the mix at all..

When they did my mates R34 they said they want to run it a tad rich so that its nice and safe and they didn't add fuel to the map any where.