SAU Community

Turbo Conversion

Ok time has come for me to decide what to do with my project car, its realitivly neer compleation but still needs full re-spray windscreen, headlights, fair bit of stuffing round with wiring, new tyres, viv test and rego, which ends up about the 5k mark

grrrrrr

But now my daily keeps on breaking down and i need something reliable and can't afford the money with just spending the money on it when i just got my privte pilots licence and would love to pump more money to get my comercial licence

So after all the hard work i've put it im looking at selling it.

Now if anyone wants to buy the complete car prob looking for about 5K for it cause its got some good goodies on it but im prob thinking more of parting some of it out hence this topic

Heres my offer if anyone in vic is lookin at doing a turbo conversion and paying for someone to do it i can help you out, im only looking to sell this as a pakage, what i got, turbo with minimal shaft play, all piping, all lines already modifyed to fit na, dump pipe, HKS front mount cooler kit with return piping, walbro fuel pump, exhaust mani, cat back stock turbo exhaust ect pretty much everything except a front pipe (cause im selling it to another guy on here along with my spare dump pipe), BOV cooler pipe has 33mm adapter welded on but i was borrowing a mates bov then he wanted it back, ECU, Injectors and you would need new turbo gasket and new mani gasket. Ill sell all of this and install it on your car for $2000 which i think is pretty reasonable cause the conversion parts are worth arount a grand, then the cooler is worth big dollars i think i paid 800 second hand and still havent used it yet, then a couple of hundred for me to fit it all sounds pretty fair, im not a mechanic but i know what im doing.

The gaskets from nissan i think are around $150 for both, front pipe like $20, ecu's are around 50-100 and then injectors are bout 150ish, so you be able to get a full turbo conversion fitted for under $2500 which is pretty damn cheap.

Should mention its all for r33 rb25, but im sure i'd be able to adapt it to a r32, but not really looking at putting it on a 34 theres a few too many differences with them.

Edited by unarmed_skyline

hey mate,

Wat a shame about the project, and i would have got all the parts from you if i hadnt already purchased everything from other people.

To anyone that is interested in doing the turbo conversion, i can say that Jarrod is spot on about the prices, im doing the exact conversion and parts all up is costing me like 1100-1300 and that is with a cheap ebay intercooler kit and standard fuel pump. He is offering a HKS intercooler and a Walbro fuel pump, plus other goodies and installation for 2k. That is bloody awesome, workshops would charge you arm and a leg to do the conversion and most are not even interested.

Good luck with it mate, hopefully we get another NA + T on the Vic roads hehe and we go dyno them for power figures. :thumbsup:

yeh well when you first asked me about the conversion i was still keeping on going with my project and if i wasnt i woulda sold the stuff to you but few things have changed now and my mum starting to get annoyed at having the car there, so im going to have to take a loss the time and money i've spent ill never get back but if i can recoup enough to get a 32 ill be happy enough, love skylines to much to get anything else.