SAU Community

Holy Dash

Hey guys,

I have two holes in my dash atm. One is where the immobolisor light once was, and the other is where another switch is. The bracket that held the immoboliser in place fell out and I lost it when I took the dash out, so the LED hanging out on a wire looks hideous. I could get a new clip, but I'd prefer to smooth the whole hing out a bit more.

The other switch controls the brightness of the Speedo and Tacho gauges, but looks really ugly. Its on the left of the steering column. I want to push it into the dash and if I need to adjust it I'll just pull the dash off and change it. I only have it on the brightest setting, so it isn't neccesary. Does anyone else have this?

Anyway, is there a way to fill the holes left from these two items? I also want to smooth over my coin tray in the centre console and put switches for different things these. If I have any coins, I'll put them in my walet!!

Rhys

I've put black switches on my dash, 1 for the neons, 1 for the strobe light and 1 for the siren.

of course you can just put switches there that do nothing and save them for later

Edited by POLICE

I could, but the switches would be all over the place, in random spots. I'd rather have them within easy reach all together in one spot. Is there a kind of putty or something I could fill it with? I'm planning on painting it anyway

kitty hair should work for you

after watching countless american modification shows, i realise that those awesome custom consoles and dashes are mostly kitty hair filler lol

also what would be good to fix cracks in the dash? coz on the bottom piece of the surrounding, the auto electrician made a 5cm-ish crack and also took a little chunk of it when he took it off...just want to no how to fix it also..

cheers

also what would be good to fix cracks in the dash? coz on the bottom piece of the surrounding, the auto electrician made a 5cm-ish crack and also took a little chunk of it when he took it off...just want to no how to fix it also..

cheers

my suggestion - if you are going to paint it - is to weld it up using a soldering iron, just melt along the crack then force the 2 sides together, then prep for paint