SAU Community

Lower R33 Gtr, Camber Is Crazy All Round

r33turb

Hey guys, just lowered my r33 gtr on coilovers, not too much just a good height, and my camber seems excessive now, this is from me looking at them....maybe ~2negative all round?....i havent done my wheel alignment yet, but i dont think itll help much.

Whats my best option at this stagE?, i can get whiteline stuff locally and cheap aswell....

also whats a good camber setting for the gtrs?

Edited by r33turb

I wouldn't call -2 excessive.... maybe a bit much on the rear....

But i guess it depends if you want tyre life or better handling...

You can get some adjustable arms (cusco etc..) or some bushes like the whiteline ones, you can order direct from them or check out Sydneykids whiteline group buy on here.

Camber settings depends on what you want, tyre life or handling... whiteline have some recommended settings on their page, take a look.

If you lower it and don‘t correct the excessive negative camber you will suffer from rapid tyre wear, as well as reduced traction for handling, braking and accelerating. This is what is usually needed for each height increment, note that all measurements are centre of wheel to guard;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm front and 370 mm rear

360/350 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350/340 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340/330 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Keep in mind that GTR's handle best around 355 mm front and 345 mm rear (centre of wheel to guard).

Group Buy link http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...tel-t87826.html

Cheers

Gary

Thanks mate, do you have the part no's for the camber kits i need (front/rear).....

PM me for details and pricing, it's in the Group Buy thread as well, just click on the link above.

Cheers

Gary