SAU Community

Rb25 Acting Like An Idiot

hey guys

iv been working on my car past few weeks trying to fix this problem i have and havnt figured it out yet so thought id give the guru's i try :D ahah

anyways i have nissan cefiro i put rb25det in it almost year and half ago had not a single problem, i service it probly more often than i should i take good care of it

i use to use it at the track very often week in week out no probs (4 months ago roughly) but now all of a sudden il be driving it (very softly i hardly give it some anymore) and will start surging bad, no matter what throttle position im at.. say taking off from the lights throw 1st is sweet change to second sweet bout 4g revs will just die no power what so ever not even holding speed ( just cruising takin it easy btw ) iv also had troubles starting it lately n i think it was from loose wires into my battery terminals hasnt done it since i tighten them up, anyways while it was surging had full 20 vac and 13.9 volt reading if that helps

the part i dont get is it will be fine for 1-4 days then play up its really random.. im not dummy when it comes to cars i know it fairly well in and out, i did full service thinking it was plugs as i let it go awhile n that iddnt fix it, at the same time i did oil, oil filter, fuel filter, cleaned coilpacks with compressed air n contact cleaner, same with afm..

mods are

front mount

genuine walbro intank pump

no bov

pod

3" turbo back with screamer

splitfire coilpacks

think thats all

made 225hp atw few months back on signature performance dyno goin back with new splitfires in hopefully be a cleaner rev range

anyways guys i honestly am stuck i really dont know where to look anymore, iv bought new CAS n im gonna chuck that in and see how i go as mine felt a lil lumpy

any help, ideas, experiance will help as im just blank now

thanks for your time and help

cheers

Jarryd

I had this kind of problem with my rb20 a while back. very similar symptoms to yours. Turned out to be a faulty temp sensor reading 0 degees, in turn causing the car to run in cold start. Would surge and carry on, drop revs and only manage about 30kph. worth a look if you havnt already.