SAU Community

GTR Question: Hicas light

Hi all,

I have since sold my 33gtr and downgradraded to a 32gtr - or upgraded.

Have a quick question.

On my 32 the hicas light always flashes. Could this indicate anything severe??

Please note that there's an aftermarket steering wheel thus a boss kit. Would this be the reason??

Cheers.

Flashes , or comes on after driving for a while ?

The boss kit is very possibly the problem but even a wheel alignment may solve it..

Cheers

Ken

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• thanks mate, yeah cant wait to get out there and do some laps. hopefully both of our cars can be on the track together would be an awesome sound although i would be holding you up ahahaha. 
    • What’s wrong with 2.6 first gear? I’ve done lots of 2nd gear starts from almost a dead stop and it just requires more clutch slip. A 2.6 first gear would be easier than that. I feel like the stock first gear is only good for severe traffic congestion where you need to be able to do 5 kph idling in first gear. Out in the US 120 kph is a very normal speed to be doing on the highways. If anything it’s slow, I regularly get passed by CA highway patrol doing that kind of speed. Out in the desert and plains even 18 wheelers are doing 130-140 kph. I would be less down on the Getrag if not for the fact that they cost north of 10k USD used and you’ll spend probably another 5k on a rebuild at least. I got my FS5R30A from Nissan for 1.5k USD. The cost of building one is maybe an extra 3-4k if you keep it reasonable. The final drive change to account for the 0.793 6th gear is also a pain to deal with. 
    • Usually the lower mount has a thicker/wider side, see image of the right side of the lower shock mount. Don't see why a couple of washers wouldn't do the same job.
    • Counter opinon. Having both an OS gearset car and the getrag 6 speed, will take the 6 speed for the street all day long thanks. First gear on most gear sets are ASS, the bloody gear you spend heaps of time in on the street too.   I run the 4.11 and it is fine at 110, (not sure who gets to do 120)  I do find the gears a little short and doing a 3.89 setup.    Anyway back to your question, running stock LSD rear, love it. Tried an S15 helical rear, it was aweful. In the process of doing a quaife front on advice as part of the 3.89. Seems like a good option. Let you know     Car is 800awhp and mostly street.       
    • I do the online time trials to get silver (1mil credits). Currently the EG at Tsukuba I got 1:14.015. Show me what you got! (Don't take it too seriously I only use the controller, CBF setting up G29).