SAU Community

My Ipod Integration

Hi All,

Just got my iPod all hooked up and working properly through the stock screen using one of Chris Rogers AV plug's and a DLO Tunedock from Dick Smith for $130. The dock itself has an AV out socket, a usb power socket and an AUX in socket as well as doing all the usual things such as power your iPod and transmit via FM to your radio if you want to. Compatable with pretty much all iPods too!

Here are a couple of pics of the set up, components and one of it running. I am pretty impressed with the picture quality as i was certain it was going to be really grainy, but in the end it was pretty decent. All i did was use a program to convert the video for the ipod at 640x480 and make sure the frame rate was at around 29 fps for NTSC output. Also i guess the NTSC out on the iPod is handy also.

Bonus was that Chris solved my mystery switch on my dash problem and lets just say that 5km/h isnt a problem anymore :banana:

post-15394-1212495714_thumb.jpg

post-15394-1212495729_thumb.jpg

post-15394-1212495744_thumb.jpg

post-15394-1212495774_thumb.jpg

Where does the AV out plugs into? routed to the back of the vehicle into a the TV tuner, or straight to the aux on the factory screen?

Where does the AV out plugs into? routed to the back of the vehicle into a the TV tuner, or straight to the aux on the factory screen?

The AV out plugs into the tv tuner box in the boot. Basically the three RCA cables you see there are what would be the result if you were to follow the AV input forum thread (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/diy-Put-A-v-Input-350g-t184366.html) or buy the plug and play option from Chris.