SAU Community

Crazy Petrol Prices

smiddidR32

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah good point rueben....most instances involve speculatoin that Oil prices will increase....but they HAVE been hitting record highs lately.

jarred i like it!! i tell so many people off who complain about rising interest rates. it doesnt have to do with fuel. but when people start complaining about being unable to afford mortgage repayments whilst having a BRAND NEW $1500 mobile in their hand, it just pissesme off. is it necessary to have the latest phone? do they need to hit the club every friday, saturday?

Yes you said it...People today amaze me...they got their priorities all wrong.People whinge and complain because landlords have to raise the rent to offset the interest rate increases. Poor babies are so hard done by...But hey as long as they got the brand new SS commodore on finance, The 6 ft plasma TV and surround sound...eating take away 5 nights a week and clubbing and going to the movies every weekend..not to mention the cigarrettes they devour...WAKE UP ....Buy a F&cking house !!!...Own a car you can actually afford to own ( yes with your own money-not a loan )...something thats economical....Honestly My daily is an AE92 Corolla ...Fuel prices really dont even worry me. As the difference from cheap fuel to expesive fuel would cost less than a big mac per tank.

Yes you said it...People today amaze me...they got their priorities all wrong.People whinge and complain because landlords have to raise the rent to offset the interest rate increases. Poor babies are so hard done by...But hey as long as they got the brand new SS commodore on finance, The 6 ft plasma TV and surround sound...eating take away 5 nights a week and clubbing and going to the movies every weekend..not to mention the cigarrettes they devour...WAKE UP ....Buy a F&cking house !!!...Own a car you can actually afford to own ( yes with your own money-not a loan )...something thats economical....Honestly My daily is an AE92 Corolla ...Fuel prices really dont even worry me. As the difference from cheap fuel to expesive fuel would cost less than a big mac per tank.

wow, maybe you should try being single and not living at home with mum and dad, and see how long it would take you to save up for a house, even if you dont hav a car loan and dont smoke and all that stuff, it really aint that easy.

yeah at the end of the day, its all relative...............if you're only using 10 litres of fuel a week, the difference between $1.00 per litre & $1.50 per litre is a Big Mac.

Well said 'GTR-32U' :ermm:

RENT, Hmmm.........that reminds me :geek:

wow, maybe you should try being single and not living at home with mum and dad, and see how long it would take you to save up for a house, even if you dont hav a car loan and dont smoke and all that stuff, it really aint that easy.

been there ...done that...Married now and paying a house off...Yes it isnt easy...it takes time. For the single people its understandable. But my post is more directed toward the couples who are renting and complaining.Both couples work but are just digging themselves further into debt because of the " I must have the best of everything " mentality...

Good point too Chad.....and its only gonna get harder, so start saving now!

depending on circumstances it can get a bit hard! for me i like to budget and what i found was you can't predict what will happen later on! i got screwed over by the awa contracts, ended up cutting around 300 from my weekly income and i had to work more hours! over 50 hours a week for 700 after tax wasn't worth it for a labour job so i quit! but there's lots of people who are in situations like these, loosing their job, income cut, workplace injuries etc etc! rising inflation can take it's toll but i do agree on people who spend more on wants then needs, they need to shut it and make changes or stop complaining

been there ...done that...Married now and paying a house off...Yes it isnt easy...it takes time. For the single people its understandable. But my post is more directed toward the couples who are renting and complaining.Both couples work but are just digging themselves further into debt because of the " I must have the best of everything " mentality...

yeah i know what ya mean, but i just wanted to say that some people out there are doing it tuff, even without oweing money on unneeded stuff, but most people just want to have the best of everything, and only have them selfes to blame for there debt.

working 50hrs a week never killed anyone......try 80!

$700 per wk after tax is not too bad for a young fella.

You said you quit Son......are you still earning a decent quid now?

depending on circumstances it can get a bit hard! for me i like to budget and what i found was you can't predict what will happen later on! i got screwed over by the awa contracts, ended up cutting around 300 from my weekly income and i had to work more hours! over 50 hours a week for 700 after tax wasn't worth it for a labour job so i quit! but there's lots of people who are in situations like these, loosing their job, income cut, workplace injuries etc etc! rising inflation can take it's toll but i do agree on people who spend more on wants then needs, they need to shut it and make changes or stop complaining

there are definately some bonafide circumstances beyond our control which can ruin things...that I agree...ouch ...sounds like you really got screwed over by awa...i would have quit too...My post is more for the people who "can" if they wanted to make the next step but choose not too..perfect example ? drive past a housing commission area and just look at what sort of cars are in the driveways...9/10 you will see the brand new car brigade..

doing 57 hour weeks @ about 13-14tonne manual labour a day :ermm:

My last job was like this ( express airfreight )...You can only do it for so long till the body cries enough..last thing you want to do is slip a disk or Carpal tunnel syndrome...Hell i used to go to work on mondays feeling like crap from the week before....So wrong

working 50hrs a week never killed anyone......try 80!

$700 per wk after tax is not too bad for a young fella.

You said you quit Son......are you still earning a decent quid now?

$700 isn't bad, but when you have to drive to north plympton, elizabeth and wingfield everyday with a $50 fuel allowance a week you end up spending like 250 a week on fuel for work itself! and plus i had work on the weekend! you're right though, 50 hours never killed anyone but it does when you sometimes spend 12 hours at a plant without breaks fixing machines that broke down and the boss pushes you because every minute is costing them money! physically i could cope but mentally it was draining! right now i'm not working, i'm still young and i've taken a step back trying to figure out what i want to do, i don't want another dead end job! i paid of all my debt and so i have nothing to worry about but day to day essential needs!

hmmmm, i have it way to easy hey. i work around 40-50 hours a week as a second year apprentice in the mines and get around $600 a week depending the hours i work. and live at home as rent is getting up to like $500 a week for some houses, whats the rent in adelaide like???.

$700 isn't bad, but when you have to drive to north plympton, elizabeth and wingfield everyday with a $50 fuel allowance a week you end up spending like 250 a week on fuel for work itself! and plus i had work on the weekend! you're right though, 50 hours never killed anyone but it does when you sometimes spend 12 hours at a plant without breaks fixing machines that broke down and the boss pushes you because every minute is costing them money! physically i could cope but mentally it was draining! right now i'm not working, i'm still young and i've taken a step back trying to figure out what i want to do, i don't want another dead end job! i paid of all my debt and so i have nothing to worry about but day to day essential needs!

Sorry to hear Son but I can't give you a shoulder to cry on unfortunately. I started work at 5am this morning and got home at 6pm, had dinner and am still up doing reports....got to be up again in 5 or 6 hrs to go to Paralowie till lunch then Lyndoch in the arvo....and I live down south! I work 6 days a week and sometimes 7.

I could understand if you quit your job because you found something better, but quitting a 50hr a week job that pays $700 after tax to go on the dole!!? :ermm: You're costing me Tax money Bro! If you were in 'Tangles' shoes I'd be happy to hand over the tax money.......at least go and do a course dude while you're looking for something.

Sorry for the lack of understanding bud.

haha not on the dole yet! still have some savings

haha wasn't looking for a shoulder just spewin! well 50 hours a week for 700 was the normal hours you'll be expected to do! it varies from day to day but it was start at 4.30 in the morning, that's 1 hour before production time starts, lubing machines and checking safety switches and so! and if it's a good day then i would be home by3pm! on a major break down sometimes i could finish when the arvo guys finish! it all depends on the machines and what needs to be done! and not to mention it was a labour job

Sorry to hear Son but I can't give you a shoulder to cry on unfortunately. I started work at 5am this morning and got home at 6pm, had dinner and am still up doing reports....got to be up again in 5 or 6 hrs to go to Paralowie till lunch then Lyndoch in the arvo....and I live down south! I work 6 days a week and sometimes 7.

I could understand if you quit your job because you found something better, but quitting a 50hr a week job that pays $700 after tax to go on the dole!!? :wacko: You're costing me Tax money Bro! If you were in 'Tangles' shoes I'd be happy to hand over the tax money.......at least go and do a course dude while you're looking for something.

Sorry for the lack of understanding bud.

Id do that for your GTR :)

wow ive got it easy...

i work 40-45 hours a week, and i make about $700 after tax... and i live at home... looks like i gotta stop complaning about petrol...

haha not on the dole yet! still have some savings

haha wasn't looking for a shoulder just spewin! well 50 hours a week for 700 was the normal hours you'll be expected to do! it varies from day to day but it was start at 4.30 in the morning, that's 1 hour before production time starts, lubing machines and checking safety switches and so! and if it's a good day then i would be home by3pm! on a major break down sometimes i could finish when the arvo guys finish! it all depends on the machines and what needs to be done! and not to mention it was a labour job

Fair enough.....this doesn't obviously apply to you then.

It's a shame you have to eat into your savings though....could've come in handy one day. :D