SAU Community

Expected power figure

Just wondered from the r31skylineclub over here for some advice/information off u guys. As u prob noticed, i own a r31 GTS coupe, but recently dropped an RB25DET in it and was just wondering what sort of power figures i should expect on the dyno with following mods:

-Stock rb25 motor/turbo, with...

-Large fmic

-3" exaust

-pod filter+cold air setup

-Link 'plus' computer

-Malpassi fuel regulater

-i think secondary fuel pump?

Im aiming 2 use 12psi as high, and 8-9psi (stock) as low, as i know these turbz are pretty weak if boost presh too high.

Depends alot on the condition of the motor and the tune.

Umm, as a guess I'd say anywhere between 180-200rwkw on 12psi. Again, depending on the condition of the engine, the tune, and if you've got enough fuel etc.....

Anyone else have a guestimation ??

J

will depend on how rich or lean you want to tune the car aswell.

the links are meant to be pretty could. A nice cheap mod that can be done, if you want to upgrade your turbo later, is just to get your stock dump pipe, machined out a bit. If you dont have one already.

When the wastegate opens air rushes into that flat wall on the dump pipe and has to divert. Getting it all machined out wouldn't do much harm, for $50 or so.

no need for the fuel pump champ until u know how the car behaves... whether ur injector cycle is maxed out or not... as for ur power figure...ive seen anywhere from 130rwk to 180rwk on a standard turbo....then of course it depends which dyno you go on as well