SAU Community

Engine Start Problem

mjscar

Hey guys,

For some reason, my engine is starting funny now.

About a year ago my friend pointed out to me that it took my engine quite a few cranks before it started. I didn't really take much of it because I thought well my engine started each and every time so it must just be the way its supposed to be.

Then around 3 months ago, I started my engine on a cold morning to find it half dying, half starting. It started but the revs just jumped all over the place. It would go to 900 back down to very close to 0 and go back up and just stay like this for about 4 seconds until I blipped the throttle and my engine roared back to life and idled normally. I thought shit something must be wrong but for about the next month, it never did it again and so left it be.

However now, it seems to be happening more frequently. Every few weeks or so, this would happen and I would have to blip the throttle to get the engine stabilised and idle normally. There was even one time when it sounded as if the engine just didn't want to start. So I thought ok, maybe I really need to get this fixed before it just doesn't want to start anymore.

Does any of you have any suggestion as to what it might be? I would do a search but the search feature is not working at the moment. I initially guessed either maybe coilpack or a dying fuel pump? but this is purely a guess.

Anyways, thanks for all your feedback.

mjscar