SAU Community

Gearbox conversion wiring

Series 2

I am trying to find the plug/connectors for the reverse lights. This is the other socket(s) that I have in mind.

Anyone tell me which two pins are for the reverse lights?

This socket is front left next to the radiator. I will post aother pic of its position.

Thats the neutral switch you can see bridged - my guess is the reverse lights are somewhere in these sockets.

ive got a standard manual. and i honestly dont know if ive got those plugs in the second pic. i dont remember them being there. but i would be wrong. i just thought i would have noticed a heap of empty plug sockets.

sorry i cant be of help.

That first picture of the plug with the yellow circle around it is an ABS sensor plug.(100% sure)

I'am pritty sure its the Grey 8 pin plug that has a pin missing the one just below your bridged neutral plug that contains the reverse lights.

From memory mine went:

Pin location on grey 8 pin plug:

.........................................................................(Power)

................................................................................

(missing).............(nuetral)............(Reverse).................

On the Gearbox the reverse switch will be the one closest to the bell housing, the neutral switch is closest to the selector. I had to run some wires from the reverse switch on the gearbox to this grey plug.

Hope this helps!

MEGA