SAU Community

Help

Rucker34

Hi guys.

Some of you will know that I have been having the engine light SLIP light and TCS OFF light coming on. it did it this morning on the freeway and I realised the engine was running badly. I pulled over and shut the car off. After about 2 minutes I started it and it came good again. it felt like it was only running on 5 cylinders or something. It was really shaky and sounded like it was struggling. I really need to get this sorted out ASAP. Im in Osborne park and really not looking forward to driving home tonight. do any of you know what the problem might be? And also where around here I can maybe take the car at lunch and have a diagnostic done? With my working hours I don’t know where I would be able to because every were is closed before I get to work and by the time I get home.

Regards,

Edited by Rucker34

Try Danny in Osborne Park,

"Japanese Performance Centre".

Really good bloke, sells parts but he knows his engines and that.

Doesnt hurt to ask I guess and its close by.

Unit 11/ 28 frobisher street Ozzie Park

maybe try go to nissan in ossy park just off scarb bch road?

not sure if they will charge u ne thing but maybe go in n tell them ur situation n maybe they can point u where to go?

I drove around to heaps of garages at lunch yesterday with no luck. I drove home and didnt have a problem last night thankfuly. I got the train today lol.

I didnt bother going to nissan because i already knew they would not be able to help me. With the last car when my keys got stolen they were not even able to help me with anything other that ordering the new keys. They also said they were not even able to get a workshop manual for that car (well one that was in english any way)

i am going to have to try to find somewhere that i can take it to tomorrow.

Can any one recomend a good workshop that should that the car to that will be open on a saturday?

Imports101 is sometimes open on a Saturday morning but only early, they close by the afternoon... it's best you call them and ask them just incase...

Imports101

1/25 Forward St

East Victoria Park

Western Australia 6101

Phone: (08) 9355 5101

Fax: (08) 9355 5102

Mob: 0403 065 666

Ah yeah they helped heaps thanks mate. Had it hooked up to the diagnostic today and the fault is an ignition error. Im guessing it would almost definitely be the coil packs like every one else. The diagnostic cost 90 bucks. My girlfriend took it in. Seems bloody steep for a 2 minute job? all they do is hook the laptop up to it and it tells them what the fault is.

Does any one know where i can go and buy my self some spitfires? or one of the other brands, i remember reading somewhere about a couple of other brands that are ment to be good (or am i best to just get the spitfires?).

im not really all that sure exactly how it all works but im guessing it is my coil packs that are gone. are spitfires a direct relpacement for these? or something totally different?

Edited by Rucker34

ok i have no patience so i have already gone onto just jap and paid for a set of JJR coil packs. i hope it was the correct choice and that it fixes the problem. I think i will make sure i get myself some good plugs and find out what the best gapping will be for them while im at it.

Edited by Rucker34